Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Sealant Longevity

Watkins

Question

Did a quick search of this on the forums and came up with nothing. Not surprised since it's probably hard to gauge the longevity of a product that shows it's effectiveness when it rains, but I was just wondering how often everyone reapplies glass sealant to the windshield? Thanks in advance!:cheers:

12 answers to this question

ive had mine on since december, still works great. just threw a layer on my girlfriends car and probably my shower this weekend :D haha. but in all seriousness idk but i gotta guess is can be a wide variety depending on level of wiper use, proper application, amount/type of weather, temeperature. I'm in at about 4 months through 2 winter months and still getting good beading.

seems to last forever! lol I applyed a coat in about october and it was beading water up untill last week when i put a fresh coat on. And when i say beading i mean i hardly ever used my wipers in the rain

I've had mine on since october as well and it still beads up like crazy!

Put a coat on the front window and sun roof back in November. The sunroof still beads as if I just applied it yesterday. The windshield beads a bit when it rains or with road spray but I probably should've applied a new coat maybe back in January. So through the winter with road spray lots of wiper use I'd say 3 months max. No wipers on sunroof..i'm guessing this could last 6 months easy at this rate.

Archived