Customer Service 866.965.0400

Third RAM truck

Corners

Well after buying two RAM outdoorman trucks and making the dealer buy both back under the Lemon Law, I think I "finally" found one that will run. It's a new 2012 RAM Laramie (5.7 Hemi) Black leather interior, Bright Silver Metallic.

Just finished putting $1,800 wheels on it, a 2 1/2" leveling kit, Line-X black bed liner, chrome bug guard, chrome window sills, chrome gas cover and headed out to the shop to install the door sills. Waiting for the light blue interior LED lights and lighted RAM door sills. Having the sway bar and a larger differential cover to be painted light red along with the brake calipers.

Even though you can't see it in the picture, the wheels are "all" chrome even where they look black.

Silver was not my first choice of colors but I pretty much ran out of color choices when I made them start buying back the first two truck. Have to say that two coats of Adam's Quick Sealant did wonders for making the truck shine plus all four wheels and everything that's chrome. I've yet to find a product that can even come close to this "Not that I'm looking. :drool:

I have to commend you for staying with dodge especially after the second one in such a short time frame. I have to ask though...Why would you keep doing that to your self? Lol

What happened with the second one?

New one looks nice, I take it for all your trouble they gave you that for next to dirt? :)

I have to commend you for staying with dodge especially after the second one in such a short time frame. I have to ask though...Why would you keep doing that to your self? Lol

What happened with the second one?

New one looks nice, I take it for all your trouble they gave you that for next to dirt? :)

:lolsmack: I've been asking myself that question for the last two months

What happened to the second one is the same as what happened to the first one. You would be running down the road or pulling out into traffic and all of a sudden the engine would just slow the truck WAYYYYYY down. Four times with the first truck, three times with the second one.

The general mgr. knew I had him under the Lemon Law act AND the National Traffic Safety Board. They took the first one and let me pick out the second one. No additional money. When the second one started doing it I told the GM I was done with the Outdoorsman model and would go on the lot and pick out a different truck. That's how I ended up with the Laramie (3rd truck).

Dodge denies it's happening but when both trucks slowed down, I was merging into traffic. The final straw was when I was doing 58 mph with an 18 wheeler sucking up my exhaust. Lost power - went fro 58 mph down to 25 mph in a nano second. All I could hear was jake brakes, BIG horn and was waiting for the big crash. Engine finally kicked in and the next morning I laid the keys on the GM's desk.

IF, IF this happens to the Laramie, the Safety Board said Dodge would be in deep trouble (they already are due to my two formal complaints.) So far?? no problems with this third one. :xfingers:

BTW, the Laramie was $3,100+ more than the outdoorsman. But again, when the second one did what it did, again I paid no additional money. I'm treated like I may be the next CEO. :lol:

Nice looking truck :thumbsup:

I too am surprised you still stuck with Ram! I'm even more surprised you got the dealer to buy back TWO of them. I'm sure that must not have been any easy task at all. All I've heard are horror stories from people when it comes to Lemons.

Glad this ones turning out to be a keeper!

Nice truck. I've always been a GM fan, but the Rams are starting too look better and better.

Dream Workz Auto Detailing using Tapatalk

Owned a Ford ("once.)" Went to Chevy and have stayed with them until I made the move with the RAMS. Just something about the body style, handling, etc with the RAM trucks that I just went and bought one.

As I said, I'm on my Third RAM now. And I just received a magazine from the dealership's parts department where RAM has now came out with another 2012 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn.

The interior is a Dark Brown with Light Pebble Beige accents and premium laser etched leather seats. Having made the dealer buy back the first two trucks and with me now having my Third, I have to say that this Longhorn is just pure class. Hmmmmmmm, wonder if I can get the dealer to buy back this third truck I have??????????? :lolsmack:

Nice looking truck :thumbsup:

I too am surprised you still stuck with Ram! I'm even more surprised you got the dealer to buy back TWO of them. I'm sure that must not have been any easy task at all. All I've heard are horror stories from people when it comes to Lemons.

Glad this ones turning out to be a keeper!

TKS! Ram trucks are like women. Stick with them long enough and you'll find one you really like. :thumbsup:

Made a GM dealer buy back the first Diesel they came out with. Actually if you document everything, never get mad at anybody, having a dealer buy back a truck or car is a very easy thing to do. Just mention Lemon Law and National Traffic Safety Board and you can pretty much walk out on the lot and pick out a new one.

Wow, bust out the MP 1 & 2!

Not a thing wrong with MP 1 & 2. Used it for quite awhile until Adam came out with the Quick Sealant. Now there's a product that will put a shine on anything that is made of metal OR the entire vehicle. I need to place another order for some more. Only have eight cans left. :lol:

Nice Looking Truck Bill. I will make sure to wave if I see you.

I still can believe you stuck with RAM after 2 Lemmons:confused: I would have gone nextdoor and bought a Ford or Travled over the thill on got a Chevy. One my coworkers was having issues with his ram 1500 and ended up getting a new one, I tried to convince him to buy a Ford or Chevy but he would not listen,

Good luck with this one, hopefully It works out. Please Promise Me That if you start having the same problem you you drop RAM ASAP

Nice truck, the RAM is definitely my favorite full size pick up out right now. Sorry to hear about your prior two experiences though, but it's definitely a Chrysler wide problem.

I had two 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokees that had a problem with the engine losing power or turning off. Bought my first GC when it first came out, and it was plagued by a problem in which the engine would either dramatically drop power or turn off completely due to the keyless go sensor's not detecting that the key was in the car. That first one was bought back under lemon law because on top of those problems the oil pump cracked three times, and then a whole bunch of stuff went wrong in the differential. Got my second one, and while it seemed fine it had the same problem with the keyless go system. Spoke to a guy at the service center about that problem, and how I fixed it, and he said they were aware of the problem but nothing was being done about it.

It's an absolute shame that Chrysler's new designs that are actually appetizing to buy are still pretty much plagued by reliability problems. Good luck with the truck though :cheers:

Nice truck, the RAM is definitely my favorite full size pick up out right now. Sorry to hear about your prior two experiences though, but it's definitely a Chrysler wide problem.

I had two 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokees that had a problem with the engine losing power or turning off. Bought my first GC when it first came out, and it was plagued by a problem in which the engine would either dramatically drop power or turn off completely due to the keyless go sensor's not detecting that the key was in the car. That first one was bought back under lemon law because on top of those problems the oil pump cracked three times, and then a whole bunch of stuff went wrong in the differential. Got my second one, and while it seemed fine it had the same problem with the keyless go system. Spoke to a guy at the service center about that problem, and how I fixed it, and he said they were aware of the problem but nothing was being done about it.

It's an absolute shame that Chrysler's new designs that are actually appetizing to buy are still pretty much plagued by reliability problems. Good luck with the truck though :cheers:

Well I am DONE with RAM trucks as of tonight. While driving home, running along at 60 mph - the *(*$$ engine just stalled on me - AGAIN!

This makes five times in over two weeks. Headed the local dealer, showing him I gualify under the Lemon Law and am demanding all my money back. Then I'm headed for the Chevy dealer and a new 2012 truck.

It's almost impossible to believe this is my Third truck and ALL three are lemons.

The service mgr stated that he is having a hard time believing I have had these problems with three RAM trucks. Told him - can't print it on here what I told him - :lolsmack: but basically I got my point across.

Just when I was starting to add mods to this Third one - BLAM same problems. And they will pay me for the for new wheels, Line-X bed liner, chrome accessories, leveling kit and my time in detailing the truck. Then I can (again) get in touch with the National Traffic Safety Board and add this truck's complaints to the first two RAM trucks.

SOMEBODY is going to get killed when their engine stalls while doing 70 mph on the freeway and gets rear ended. Then Dodge tells me their not having any problems. :help::explode:

I see they just made some pretty big changes to the Ram line...

Sorry to hear about your issues! It's hard to believe!

2013 Ram 1500 unveiled with eight-speed auto, start/stop, air suspension [w/videos]

Many TKS for the link. Right now I wouldn't take a new RAM if they gave it to me. With the 2012's the haven't worked all the problems out with them. So with this 2013 - well I'll just leave the gate opened on that one and see what happens when they hit the showroom floor. Right now I have "another" fight I'm heading out the door to go to - with DODGE~ :help:

Damn man, sorry to hear that the third one is littered with problems as well but I guess by now neither one of us can be surprised since both the GC's I owned stalled as well. Dodge is gonna make it a pain to get out of no doubt, but once you get into a new car it'll all be worth it. I got a VW GTI when I dropped the Jeep and it's been one of the better decisions I've made.

At least Ford and Chevy have some solid pick ups to choose from when you finally get done dealing with Dodge (That Ford SVT Raptor is a beast :bow: )

Archived