Customer Service 866.965.0400

Moving from Hand to PC Polishing

Fonz0

Question

I have the following products:

Swirl and Haze, Revive, Brilliant Glaze, and Americana.

I also have detail spray.

Moving from hand to machine and want to try to use these same products. Is this the correct order and pad selection?

Swirl and Haze- Orange

Revive- White

Glaze- Grey

Americana- Grey

15 answers to this question

I have the following products:

Swirl and Haze, Revive, Brilliant Glaze, and Americana.

I also have detail spray.

Moving from hand to machine and want to try to use these same products. Is this the correct order and pad selection?

Swirl and Haze- Orange

Revive- White

Glaze- Grey

Americana- Grey

Severe Swirl Remover-Green

Swirl & Haze Remover -Orange

Fine Machine Polish- White

Machine Super Wax-Grey

Americana- Red Hex applicator

Revive- Blue Hex Applicator

The product order is correct, but I am not sure what type of results you'll see using straight Revive on the grey/black pads. Some do mix FMP with Revive for even finer polishing.

Glaze isn't a machine applied product.....yet...right now, its really easy to just apply by hand. As far as Americana, thats also a hand product and I'm not even sure how your get it on a machine pad.

Severe Swirl Remover-Green

Swirl & Haze Remover -Orange

Fine Machine Polish- White

Machine Super Wax-Grey

Americana- Red Hex applicator

Revive- Blue Hex Applicator

:iagree:, As of right now there is no pad for the glazing. Its done by hand, but there is a glazing pad in the works ;). If you get the pc kit, the pads and polishes come with it. Also americana can only be applied with the hex applicator. Theres no way your getting it on a PC pad!

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I am showing total ignorance and noobishness, but couldn't I use the hex pad that came with it to get the Americana from the tub to the PC pad?

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I am showing total ignorance and noobishness, but couldn't I use the hex pad that came with it to get the Americana from the tub to the PC pad?

Americana is HARD...like a candle. I think you'd wind up wasting a lot of product into the pad anyway. Its SO easy on, easy off, that using a machine is overkill anyway.

Americana is HARD...like a candle. I think you'd wind up wasting a lot of product into the pad anyway. Its SO easy on, easy off, that using a machine is overkill anyway.

I have applied it by hand and it was easy. But you have answered my main question I think, which is that there is no advantage to using a PC with this step or the Glaze.

Some guys use putty knives to get the Paste onto their Grey PC pad. It's not a great idea, and a big waste of product. APW is designed for Hand Use. It's a Paste.

If you want to use Revive on a machine, the Grey PC Pad works, although you will have better results using FMP. IF you are looking for a quick shine pass, with some minor filling in it, Revive will be your friend. I like to use it in between FMP and Sealant.

If you want to use BG on a Machine Pad....uh.....wait for it.....wait for it.....

IF we were only testing something like that right now... ;)

Ah, if only indeed ;-)

So I have broken down and purchased Fine Machine and Super Sealant. Assuming I wait the requisite curing time for the super sealant (I have heard from 20 min up to 48 hours- would love to see if there is consensus on the time required), is this the correct order?

1. Rinse, 2 Bucket Wash, Clay etc.

2. Swirl and Haze with Orange Pad and PC

3. Fine Machine Polish with White Pad

4. Revive by Hand

5. Glaze by hand (do I glaze before or after Sealant)?

6. Super Sealant with black pad and PC

7. Wait for cure

8. Americana by hand

Flip 5 and 6 and you're good to go...sealants always go onto bare paint, as they bond to the surface. THEN wait, up to 24 hours, before applying Glaze, then you can go for wax.

Oh...and protect your face...its gonna melt off. :glasses:

Ah, if only indeed ;-)

So I have broken down and purchased Fine Machine and Super Sealant. Assuming I wait the requisite curing time for the super sealant (I have heard from 20 min up to 48 hours- would love to see if there is consensus on the time required), is this the correct order?

1. Rinse, 2 Bucket Wash, Clay etc.

2. Swirl and Haze with Orange Pad and PC

3. Fine Machine Polish with White Pad

4. Revive by Hand

5. Glaze by hand (do I glaze before or after Sealant)?

6. Super Sealant with black pad and PC

7. Wait for cure

8. Americana by hand

I think what you mean by 'time required' for sealant is wait 30 min. after applying to wipe it off THEN wait 12-24 hrs (24 is better) before applying ANYTHING else. Also this is the only time you have this extended wait time. I'm still a newb too so if I'm wrong someone please correct me :pc:

I think what you mean by 'time required' for sealant is wait 30 min. after applying to wipe it off THEN wait 12-24 hrs (24 is better) before applying ANYTHING else. Also this is the only time you have this extended wait time. I'm still a newb too so if I'm wrong someone please correct me :pc:

You've been reading! You are 100% correct. You wait 20 minutes for the MSS to cure, then you wipe it off. THEN you wait 24 hours before topping the MSS with anything.

Yep. That was my confusion. Thanks so much guys!

This weekend= :pc:

Archived