Customer Service 866.965.0400

SAI reveals the 2012 Shelby 1000 prior to NYC Auto Show

JerseyGator

please and thank you! that second pic is awesome haha. 150k for the kit? then 200k all together with the car? 150k is an expensive price tag, but if thats what someone wants then go for it. wonder what kinda numbers they are expecting out of it, thing better be hitting 9's.

Do they have to put the stupid "1000" at the end of it's name? That car is amazing, and if it keeps that name, will be ruined by it.

Sounds gimmicky. Like 2000 Flushes Blue or a Nimbus 2000.

LOVE THOSE WHEELS.

Do they have to put the stupid "1000" at the end of it's name? That car is amazing, and if it keeps that name, will be ruined by it.

LOVE THOSE WHEELS.

I'd imagine at that cost you could order it, sticker delete.

Love the wheels too.

wahhhhhh? 200,000k for that? are they insane?

if i had 200gs sitting around it sure as hell wouldn't go to ford or Shelby. i want something that would handle well around a track, and not roll over :jester:

200k gets me a v10 R8 then an aftermarket twin turbo that will produce 770who and eat the shelby alive. OR i could just buy a Lamborghini :D. it would be a hard choice. OR i could get a gumpert apollo :burnout:

if i had 200gs sitting around it sure as hell wouldn't go to ford or Shelby. i want something that would handle well around a track, and not roll over :jester:

200k gets me a v10 R8 then an aftermarket twin turbo that will produce 770who and eat the shelby alive. OR i could just buy a Lamborghini :D. it would be a hard choice. OR i could get a gumpert apollo :burnout:

:iagree: agree...Lambo all the way! If i'm spending $200k, Im buying a car thats going to turn heads! That shelby is a sleeper!

The price is definitely steep. Can't argue with that.

I know some folks that would love to take that challenge. You bring the V10 R8 and the Lamborghini. I'd bet you they will not eat this car alive.

LOVE THOSE WHEELS.

:lol:

You crack me up sometimes dude.

It looks wicked! However: Shelby fakes photos of Shelby 1000 lifting off ground

Shelby American acknowledged this afternoon that it faked photos of the front end of its new 950-horsepower Shelby 1000 lifting off the ground.Two of the photos were distributed to the press as part of a group of shots and were being used on major websites. They show the two front wheels of the customized Mustang lifted several inches into the air, presumably because of the car's immense thrust. A company vice president, Gary Patterson, acknowledged in an email to Drive On that they they were the result of photo manipulation.

The fraud was discovered by the USA TODAY photo desk in preparing tomorrow's story for the newspaper, which was posted here on Drive On earlier today. A photo editor questioned how the Mustang could lift off the ground, given its weight and that it has only street tires. Also, the tires in the photo do not appear to be under stress. A close examination revealed photo manipulation techniques under the wheels.

Scott Black, spokesman for Shelby American, initially said he was aware of manipulation only to fix shadows, that the wheels actually lifted off the ground. But after checking with the company, he called back and elaborated: "That is fake shot. That shot is not real. I am beyond embarassed." He said the manipulation was done by the photographer and that he didn't know the reason.

With slicks, I imagine it would still be able to lift the front wheels though.

It looks wicked! However: Shelby fakes photos of Shelby 1000 lifting off ground

With slicks, I imagine it would still be able to lift the front wheels though.

I just found that out myself. Sent an email to Gary. He came clean to me too. He said the pic was done in fun. And not meant to deceive. And that any car guy would notice that the front suspension was not unloaded. As well as the street tires.

I just found that out myself. Sent an email to Gary. He came clean to me too. He said the pic was done in fun. And not meant to deceive. And that any car guy would notice that the front suspension was not unloaded. As well as the street tires.

Yeah, it looks stupid with the loaded suspension, same camber on the fronts, having the rears full of air, etc. Still, it's a stupid fast car :rockon:

Archived