Customer Service 866.965.0400

To Strip or Not to Strip

musclejunkie

Question

Age old question. I detailed my car last October and finished with Sealant and Americana. We had a mild winter and was able to hand wash my car pretty much all winter. I know that most of the wax and sealant is history, but should I still do a Dawn or ISPA strip before I do a FMP with my Porter Cable? Seems like a waste to me, but the Adams Car Wash is so mild, I'm worried I won't be starting on a clean enough slate.

8 answers to this question

I'm sure it needs to be clayed. And there are a couple small areas that are swirled. Won't hurt to do a light FMP over the whole car. I like the idea of mixing in a little APC. Great idea Mook!;)

So much for doing it this weekend. We might get a little of that four letter word next week. I hope they put the salt trucks away already.

I'm sure it needs to be clayed. And there are a couple small areas that are swirled. Won't hurt to do a light FMP over the whole car. I like the idea of mixing in a little APC. Great idea Mook!;)

So much for doing it this weekend. We might get a little of that four letter word next week. I hope they put the salt trucks away already.

Salt is gross with beer man! :cheers:

Hey man good to see ya!

I would just mix in like 3 or 4 oz. of APC into your wash bucket, or if you have a foam gun, there. That will take care of anything left before you go to Clay!

Mook

So adding this to the wash will help with removing old wax? Also will this dry out the rubber fast?

I've been trying to find out more info on this before trying. I have a good bit of swirls (from the dealer) that i have never gotten out. As long as the rain holds off tomorrow i'll try so my paint is that much more shiny during c&c!

Archived