Customer Service 866.965.0400

Enviroseal

Enigmatic Soul

Question

5 answers to this question

I'm sure you'll find that most everyone here sees those kinds of dealer applied "protectants" to be nothing but profit-generating rip-offs. :2thumbs:

You're telling me that they didn't put a hydroseal expectorant that only needs to be applied once every 5 years? :lolsmack:

Raul,

Generally the warranty is the part of those deals that worth anything... in every case I've seen so far the product applied is nothing more than a basic paint sealant. Something that you can buy and apply yourself... so the $500 or whatever they charge is more tied up in the coverage.

Now... that being said the warranty is only as good as the people backing it up, many dealerships will neglect to tell you that you need to come back to the dealer in a specific interval to have the product reapplied. Its in the fine print, but who reads the fine print right? Failure to come back for those refreshes voids the warranty.

Just like the extended warranty sold at an electronics store they're banking on you either not coming back so they don't have to honor the warranty or there never being an issue you'd feel compelled to complain about... either way they keep the money in most cases and never have to cover damages.

Long story short... save yourself the money, don't believe the hype of any product actually lasting for 5 years. As the saying goes - if you want something done right DO IT YOURSELF!

Thanks for the info Dylan! Very informative. Yeah they were like its done every year for the life of the vehicle blah blah, and I was like, ummm I'll let you know and I sped off :burnout:lol

Raul,

Generally the warranty is the part of those deals that worth anything... in every case I've seen so far the product applied is nothing more than a basic paint sealant. Something that you can buy and apply yourself... so the $500 or whatever they charge is more tied up in the coverage.

Now... that being said the warranty is only as good as the people backing it up, many dealerships will neglect to tell you that you need to come back to the dealer in a specific interval to have the product reapplied. Its in the fine print, but who reads the fine print right? Failure to come back for those refreshes voids the warranty.

Just like the extended warranty sold at an electronics store they're banking on you either not coming back so they don't have to honor the warranty or there never being an issue you'd feel compelled to complain about... either way they keep the money in most cases and never have to cover damages.

Long story short... save yourself the money, don't believe the hype of any product actually lasting for 5 years. As the saying goes - if you want something done right DO IT YOURSELF!

Archived