Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which wax are you detailers using?

Neil Broeker

Question

For all of the detailers that are running businesses, which wax are you using on clients vehicles where you are not performing any paint correction? Most of my clients don't want total paint correction, but want a wax that will last them a year. Any suggestions? Thanks.

10 answers to this question

If they want just a wax job, then Americana will be my weapon of choice. Mind you the wax won't last a year depending on where the car is kept and soap used to wash the car. I know a lot of people use dishwashing soap..what they don't realize is, thats what we use to strip wash :lolsmack:

Neil...you're not going to find a wax that will last a year. Unless the car literally sits in a garage 29.5 days out of the month and is washed extremely gently. A sealant, like MSS will last longer than a wax, but still only about 4 or 5 months.

Part of having satisfied customers is also about educating them and getting their expectations to be reasonable.

like above i ask the customer what they are wanting and what conditions the vehicle normally sees...9 times out of 10 they want the MSS for the longevity...most of the common people (not the OCD folks like us) arent going to be able to tell the differences between 2 types of waxes since MSS and Americana are both quality products

I'm in MD and we see a full 4 seasons here. Most of my clients are having their DD vehicles detailed. I have to limit the options to most of my clients to Americana Wax or Super Sealant. I always recommend which ever will suit my clients wants and needs vs real world. Most go with the Super sealant. They don't want to pay me to wax it as often. LOL!

Archived