Customer Service 866.965.0400

Engine Bay detailing

04silverado

Question

Well i was so excited to get my engine bay clean on my truck and after driving home from school (1 hour) and letting the truck cool for a while it was still relatively warm after sitting for a short while i went ahead and hosed the motor off and followed with some all purpose cleaner and a boars hair brush and then rehosed off. My mistake was that

1. the motor wasn't cool

2. using the fire hoze nozzle i was using far to much pressure instead of a light mist.

The day after cleaning the check engine light came on. So i scanned it at work and it was throwing a code for a knock sensor. Got the two knock sensors since they are both under the intake and might as well replace two since i had to take the intake off and an intake gasket as well. Check out the knock sensor it blew up! Water had got into the knock sensor hole since i used to much pressure and when the motor was hot the cold water must have done its work.

post-6969-136818072592_thumb.jpg

post-6969-1368180726_thumb.jpg

Well fixed it the following day after work and it wasn't expensive as i fixed it myself and got a good discount on parts but will be a LITTLE more patient next time.

7 answers to this question

Archived