Customer Service 866.965.0400

Business Expansion

Jasssc

Hey guys,

So I took the next step on my little side job of washing cars to make a side business out of it. It's called Premier Finish Detailing or PFDetailing for short.

I have a website http://pfdetailing.com/

I would love your guys help, criticism, everything!

If you could go to my site and tell me what you like, what you don't like, what I should add, and all of that stuff I would appreciate it so much!

I do not mind criticism at all, in fact it is necessary for growth, but I only ask if you do have criticism, please have a solution or some way to fix it.

Jas

Not bad at all. I would say jazz up the site some.. add some more content. Maybe add the products you use. Add some photos the you at work at the helm of a PC or FLex.. :2thumbs:

Make them want to buy your service..

:pc:

Looks good. Agree it could use a little more to it, whether it be more of a color design, font styles, or pictures. But it looks awesome for you just getting started.

I'm not sure what you used to design it, but I used weebly.com to do mine myself, and also to get the domain name. The site was suggested by several of my friends who are in graphic design and said it's the best place to "DIY" on a website. They have tons of layouts. I'm still tweaking mine a little, otherwise I would share how it looks.

Like I've been doing, keep toying with it for a week or two until you are satisfied. :2thumbs: Good luck with the new venture!

Another thing to consider for promoting your business is making a Facebook page. It helps spread the word to your friends and I always sneak a little plug with my info on my friends and families walls for their friends to see.

I did my business cards on Zazzle.com with a layout they had. I just used my own picture and ordered the first set. Immediately after ordering my first 100 cards ($22) I received a coupon for 50% off my next order. I went back and ordered 300 more cards for something like $35 with shipping. From there I always receive more discounts for my next order.

Here's a shot of my business card. There are a lot of details about the services provided on the back. I plan on ordering new ones with my website on it, once it's completed.

I'm with the others on adding some 'pizzaz'. Also, you have 3 services that 'stacked' and I would suggest to put the Basic Wash first, then the Plus Wash, and the Premium Wash last. To me it flows better in that order.

Thanks for the responses guys.

I definitely understand adding more to the site. I need to fill it in with some things. What kind of colors should I use? I want to maintain a professional look to it.

Jblack, those cards of yours are sweet!

I am using iWeb to design it. And godaddy to host. I'd love to see your site when you are finished with it!

No problem Jas. I'll share it with you soon. Still tweaking all the individual pages to show each process, i.e. About Us, Wash & Clay, Polishes & Waxes, Tires & Trim, Interior, & Prices. Then of course a Contact Us page.

I need to make sure I throw a big representation of using only Adam's Products with the good ole Made in the USA note. I want to check with Dylan or someone it's okay to show the Adam's logo on there with this note.

No problem Jas. I'll share it with you soon. Still tweaking all the individual pages to show each process, i.e. About Us, Wash & Clay, Polishes & Waxes, Tires & Trim, Interior, & Prices. Then of course a Contact Us page.

I need to make sure I throw a big representation of using only Adam's Products with the good ole Made in the USA note. I want to check with Dylan or someone it's okay to show the Adam's logo on there with this note.

Love your idea on showing your process for each individual thing. That would be a great way to grab customers who are unaware what they are actually paying for. This has sparked some ideas for me!

I did talk to dylan about this. He said as long as it doesn't seem like they are endorsing you its okay. Its to protect them not be offensive towards you. But feel free to contact him for more info. He is quite the help!

I would love a way to show off my adams pride! Let's figure out a good way how

Maybe the other thing you might bring to mind is the idea of your car representing your professional image (whether true or not) and that having a clean sparkling ride and keeping it that way is kind of part of your whole presentation when you are in business, so keeping it detailed is like shining your shoes and razor sharp creases. Imagine a Benz that is all swirled up vs. a nice swirl free black one. Which shows your professional image more? Which shows attention to detail? Who is your client going to trust with their money if your ride looks punk?

And maybe some side by side before and after taped up shots i.e. use blue tape to make 2 boxes, one the original and one showing the same adjacent surface after polishing. Dark colors show this best, esp. solid black, but dark metallics are good too. Maybe even some videos that can can examine, with a little voice over telling something about the results.

The other thing you might try and hit would be car cleanups for a wedding - not everyone can swing a limo, but the wedding party cars can look beautiful and complete the image on the wedding day! Or maybe you can get a limo fleet on board and detail one of their cars vs. any in house detailing that they might use. Let them see your work and compare it to theirs. Maybe you will get a bunch of limos to detail?

Just some ideas- I am probably way off base, but sometimes niche markets can be lucrative.

Archived