Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bird droppings corrected

GCvette

Question

Hi all,

My first time with PC. Black Vet with bird oxidation. I read bird dropping article, really helped. With area cleaned oxidation very visible half dollar in size. Used PC with white focus pad with fine machine polish. Zip gone. Had some minor swirl or like hologram marks. Followed with hand applied Revive Polish these were gone. Then hand applied Butter Wax. Looked better than when I picked it up new a month ago. Thanks to all for your help. These focus pads are great!

Gary

5 answers to this question

:worth:

Many people don't understand the destructive power of the bird bomb. If left long enough it can cause severe enough etching that would require a wet-sand (or even a repaint in some cases). For some reason birds seem to love my DD, especially after it's just been cleaned, polished, and waxed/sealed. In that it is a dark red (BCP) the etching is a very visible issue (especially after I have corrected the rest of the paint).

Would love to see before/after of the "bird incident".

[m]

Hi all,

My first time with PC. Black Vet with bird oxidation. I read bird dropping article, really helped. With area cleaned oxidation very visible half dollar in size. Used PC with white focus pad with fine machine polish. Zip gone. Had some minor swirl or like hologram marks. Followed with hand applied Revive Polish these were gone. Then hand applied Butter Wax. Looked better than when I picked it up new a month ago. Thanks to all for your help. These focus pads are great!

Gary

Question, so using "fine machine" polish can cause swirl like holograms even though it is the last step and least abbrasive?

If that is the case what would you use to remove them? The OP used "hand revive polish", but if you dont have that what would you use?

Archived