Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hex pad cleaning

CrawlinTBSS

Question

What do yal do when it comes to the Americana pad ? soak it in a tub of APC for awhile?

do you clean after each use or just place back into americana tub for next time?

I tried cleaning one last year after use and it seemed troublesome to try and get it nice and clean, so i used another and had been just putting it back in the tub when im done. but for some reason after looking at a car i waxed last night, it seems like the pad has induced small swirl/scratches all over. Pad too clogged? doesnt really seem like theres any bad contaminents on it or anything that would scratch it tho, and havent noticed this on any other car.

5 answers to this question

What do yal do when it comes to the Americana pad ? soak it in a tub of APC for awhile?

do you clean after each use or just place back into americana tub for next time?

I tried cleaning one last year after use and it seemed troublesome to try and get it nice and clean, so i used another and had been just putting it back in the tub when im done. but for some reason after looking at a car i waxed last night, it seems like the pad has induced small swirl/scratches all over. Pad too clogged? doesnt really seem like theres any bad contaminents on it or anything that would scratch it tho, and havent noticed this on any other car.

The pad should be cleaned after EVERY use and stored outside of the tub. Its only in there originally to keep the wax intact for shipping.

Archived