Customer Service 866.965.0400

"deep trouble"

Corners

Question

I was "rotating" my stock of supplies - the bottled ones, and after I type this and submit it, I'm going to pack my bag with a few clothes and see if I can sneak out of my den window.

I picked up an unopened bottle of the Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener. I have a brown carpet in my den. I picked up a bottle of it to shake it and immediately noticed where the bottle had set, a rather hard white substance was on the carpet. Additionally the carpet was wet. Strange though, the two bottles in the utility room, both have been opened, are not leaking. :confused:

My hand started getting wet. Checked the bottle and on the bottom there is a "crack" in the plastic that goes all the way across the bottle. So I then pick up another unopened bottle and the carpet was in the same condition and again, getting my hand wet.

Oh Mercy me - There surely is NO way I can slip this by the wife, needless to say. :(:help:

I am still keeping all my bottled and can products in my den due to our night time temp's still in the high 30's.

House temp is a constant temp, bottles have not been dropped, etc. And I have to ask myself why just this bottled product? :confused:

So this is just a FYI for those of you who may have some bottles of this sitting on the floor in your Den, closet, etc.

I know about Adam's 110% but think I'd be pushing it if I asked for my den to have new carpet layed down. :lol:

Wellllllllllllllll there isn't any way I can keep from facing either the firing squard or sleeping on the couch for the next few months, so I better go tell the wife how beautiful she is, would she like a new wardrobe, new ear rings, take her out to dinner every night etc. :bow::willy:

Dang it, here it is, starting the month of July and we are STILL getting frost warnings and there is no way I'm going to chance wrecking all the products by putting them out in my shop - "where I may be living in an hour or so."

If you don't see me back on the forum ~ "hey, it's been an extreme pleasure to exchange Threads and posts from everybody." :hi::2thumbs:

20 answers to this question

Bill you could pick up some of the below to maybe try. You may even take a bottle with you and size it up with something that will fit perfect.

Majestic 15 in. x 30 in. x 1 in. Boot Tray-1000019 at The Home Depot

I prefer the below link myself. There are several different sizes to choose from in the store.

Search Results for*rubber maid tote*at The Home Depot

Just remove the lid in the below link. Or as I mentioned above take a bottle and find one that fits perfect at the store. Just an idea.

41 qt. Premium Clever Store Clear-1823611 at The Home Depot

You could always make your own trays as well whatever size you desire with a sheet of melamine and put an edge piece on it and round it over with a router. Then caulk the seems.

Edited by LFairbanks

Bummer Bill. Hope you made it out the den window without getting caught. :D

Like Anthony said this has happened to a few of us lately, mainly with LIC. Mook mentioned last week they are "working on it." You should look into some kind of storage for everything. I have a large black heavy duty container from Home Depot that has wheels on one end for easy movement.

Wait.........As I just finished typing that I remembered your stock of Adam's products is no joke. Scratch the idea of a storage container and just buy a small warehouse!!!

Hope you can get the carpet corrected.

Wow, I'm terribly sorry for this issue! We are working to resolve the problem now, and will have a solution shortly to prevent this from happening in the future.

Stay tuned....

:(

Wow, I'm terribly sorry for this issue! We are working to resolve the problem now, and will have a solution shortly to prevent this from happening in the future.

Stay tuned....

Can not beat this with bat. When the big guy takes time to read and notice the problems people are having, it is a big thing. Way to go Adam.. :bow::patriot:

This actually just happened to me with a bottle of GWC. It's a very slow leak as it only leaves a ring at the bottom. It was really hot the day I noticed it. I wonder if the temp has anything to do with it?

Bottle expansion and contraction can cause pinhole leaks very easily... so if you've stored that GWC bottle in your garage on hot days its not completely unlikely that was the culprit. I left a 4oz DS bottle outside by accident a few weekends ago... it blew up like a balloon, pushed the bottom out and when I picked it up it split along the bottom.

All from sitting out in the sun for a couple hours.

Stay tuned....

Adam: Sincerely appreciate the apology but apology not necessary. ;)

To add further to this "problem???" Last night, after finding the two leaking bottles, and again these were never opened, I put them in the kitchen sink, neck of the bottles "down."

Went back to the den to check other product bottles - okay! Back to the kitchen. Picked up both bottles by the bottoms of them to keep liquid from running (leaking) out. Now, both bottle were leaking "more" from where you normally would open them - around the neck area of the bottles. :confused:

Quad triple wrapped them in paper towels and put them out in the garage for the evening. Have to say that this morning, the paper towels were "never" as white looking as they were, soaked in the product. :lolsmack:

Just want to let you know that I personally don't feel this is, in any way, a product defect where the 110% would be applicable. Just MY .02 worth. I'm just going to now order two more bottles because I'm down to just one full bottle and about a 1/3 left in the other one.

Good luck on the solution. :2thumbs:

Bottle expansion and contraction can cause pinhole leaks very easily... so if you've stored that GWC bottle in your garage on hot days its not completely unlikely that was the culprit. I left a 4oz DS bottle outside by accident a few weekends ago... it blew up like a balloon, pushed the bottom out and when I picked it up it split along the bottom.

All from sitting out in the sun for a couple hours.

Dylan: In my case with the same two bottles, there was not any pinholes, they were cracked from side to side, along the bottom. And as I posted a few minutes ago, when I went to get them out of the sink, they were leaking more out of the top than the bottom. Again, these bottles were never opened.

I still have a 3/4+ bottle of the Car Wash Shampoo that I left out last winter, in my shop. Never froze the bottle or cracked it but the color of the liquid changed to a deeper orange. I keep it on my detail cart as a reminder to take products in when I know it's going to be either to cold or to hot.

Even though we are now into the month of July, I don't dare pack "all" my products out to my shop because I would have to just pack them back into my den when we are still getting frost warnings or the temp's drop into the mid 30's.

Edited by Corners

I agree. The apology is not needed whatsoever. Your products and costumer service more than make up for it. :)

In my case it was user error anyway. Lol

Truer words were never spoken. :cheers: Since I became a member of this forum and thoroughly understood how Adam runs his business, it's strange, but all the local stores I go into, I pay attention to how customers are being treated and I have to wonder what keeps their doors open. :confused:

Thats no good, my LIC just did this to me the other day! It ruined my bag

First, not knowing what caused my two bottles to crack on the bottom but it's really strange that they were leaking more from where you would open them. As I said in my original post, neither of these bottles have been opened. :confused:

I just finished opening both bottles and poured them into two empty bottles of the same product. Knew I'd need those empty ones, one day. :thumbsup:

Bill you could pick up some of the below to maybe try. You may even take a bottle with you and size it up with something that will fit perfect.

Majestic 15 in. x 30 in. x 1 in. Boot Tray-1000019 at The Home Depot

I prefer the below link myself. There are several different sizes to choose from in the store.

Search Results for*rubber maid tote*at The Home Depot I'd have to buy "a few" of the biggest ones due to all the products I have - but that's not a bad idea. Couldn't clutter up my den any worse than what it is now. :willy:

Just remove the lid in the below link. Or as I mentioned above take a bottle and find one that fits perfect at the store. Just an idea.

41 qt. Premium Clever Store Clear-1823611 at The Home Depot

You could always make your own trays as well whatever size you desire with a sheet of melamine and put an edge piece on it and round it over with a router. Then caulk the seems.

:lolsmack: "Me" make something?? You're talking to a guy that regardless how many times I measure things when I do try to build something, it always turns out 2" off. :o

Like Anthony said this has happened to a few of us lately, mainly with LIC. Mook mentioned last week they are "working on it." You should look into some kind of storage for everything. I have a large black heavy duty container from Home Depot that has wheels on one end for easy movement.

Wait.........As I just finished typing that I remembered your stock of Adam's products is no joke. Scratch the idea of a storage container and just buy a small warehouse!!!

Believe me John, it did cross my mind. Oh I seriously did look into something or some place to store "all" of my products. Two decisions I had to make - build an add on room to my den or start kicking some contractors behinds if they don't hurry up and get my new detail shop built.

The wife - ah the wife - oh yea the wife - well she took the news fairly well. I always said if a wife doesn't talk to you then they can't really be mad at ya. :lolsmack: I took some wet towels and soaked the carpet where the liquid leaked onto it. Now I'm waiting to see if it's going to turn it white like it did the papertowels that I wrapped the two bottles up in. This morning when I went to the garage and checked them, the paper towels were super super white. If that happens, I won't have to worry about sneaking out my den window. The door will be held open by the wife who will hand me the keys to my truck. That would have to be a hint to go some place don't cha think? :confused::(

?? I have never had a bottle split.. well except the one or three I may have dropped or run over.. That sucks! Hope the wife is understanding..

Well in about two years, this is a first time I've had a bottle do this. "Never" had a problem with any of them.

Oh well, nobody said life was suppose to be perfect - things happen! Now I'm waiting to see what's going to happen with the wife. :bow::help:

Mook mentioned it last week? Holy cow, how did I miss that post?

It's now water under the bridge but had I read that, I would have immediately put a tarp or "something" for the bottles to sit on besides the carpet. I "need" to stay up on things on the forum. :(

My concern now is the many 4 oz bottles I carry in my car... Hmm what should I do with them? Especially concerned about the APC and LIC since they are known to be powerful

I am not aware of the smaller bottles leaking but then again I wasn't aware the big bottles were leaking until I found two of my own leaking. Gesh, that's sure a lot of leaking. :confused:

When in doubt, email Dylan or call Ashley at the 800 #.

You could always make a little black trailer to pull behind your vehicle with big red letters on it that would say: DANGER HAZMAT PRODUCTS. :willy:

Regardless if they leak or not, I never carry any type of full bottles in my Truck when I know the day time temp's are going to be hot. It will be even hotter in your car. A lot of liquids "expand" when exposed to heat and some have been know to simply blow up. :xfingers:

Edited by Corners