Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick Sealant on trim

fly4food84

Question

4 answers to this question

It lasts awhile, probably a good month longer that SVRT... though SVRT is still the better option as it will give the trim a lasting 'dressed' look where the QS will not hold that dressed look as long. While it CAN be used to protect trim its still not the ideal solution. Its better used on non-porous surfaces like paint, glass, chrome, aluminum, etc.

I'm actually running a little experiment on my trucks tailgate cap currently to find out exactly how much longer and at what point the 2 start to show signs of failure.

QS was never really designed or intended to be used as a trim protectant, the main reason we even show it being used there in the videos is to demonstrate that it does not stain porous or textured plastics or rubber like most products.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Thanks Dylan. Great information and I look forward to hearing about your test results.

I am considering trying APC on the trim to get rid of the oxidation/dead cells and give it a good buff. Then, quick sealant, then maybe followed by SVRT. Then, follow up with SVRT every week or two. :pc: