Customer Service 866.965.0400

Painted My G8's Engine Cover

GerryC

Looks great! Now stop... Don't do anymore...

Personally, I'd take it off until you need it, but I am always wanting to get rid of as much of the heat as possible. I took my plenum cover off and removed the huge foam pads sandwiched between them and then tossed both in a box in the basement with the pretty cover. That being said, mine is 100% a DD and NEVER going to be shown.

Final product installed, I figured it was time to use a real camera to take a pic of this

Picture-140.jpg

Overall pretty happy with how it came out, thanks for the suggestions and compliments!

Len, you gave me an idea with suggesting the V6 being another color. The areas between the white and black are recessed, and this is where much of the overspray is that makes the lines slightly crooked. I am thinking of getting some red and taking a thin brush to outline the white. Here's a crude photoshop of the idea. Any suggestions?

redaccents.jpg

THe photoshop looks nice, but I say quit while you're ahead. All those fine detail lines are going to be hard to make perfect. :cheers:

THe photoshop looks nice, but I say quit while you're ahead. All those fine detail lines are going to be hard to make perfect. :cheers:

You did see the part where he already did it, right?

Picture-140.jpg

Instead of trying to paint the thin red, why not pick up some 1/4" vinyl pin striping? That way you wouldn't have the problem of the lines being a varied width and the pin striping is very flexible and is easy to work around curves, also it is easy to lift an move it you don't get it placed correctly when you put it down. Also mine has been on about 6 months and I haven't had any problems with it coming loose. Just cleaned the cover with IPA before applying the striping.

And again, like I said in the post immediately above, he already painted the red. :willy:

Sorry, I missed it but went back and looked over the entire thread and did see that he had already painted the red. Please excuse my oversight, just missed it, but heck at least maybe someone else may pick up the pin striping idea.

Sorry, I missed it but went back and looked over the entire thread and did see that he had already painted the red. Please excuse my oversight, just missed it, but heck at least maybe someone else may pick up the pin striping idea.

And sorry if I came off sounding too negative. :cheers:

Hmm I never thought about using pinstriping, sounds like it would have been much easier to work with haha oh well :/