Customer Service 866.965.0400

Don't Try To Rob Grandpa

LDM

That's my peeps! That is the part of the state that I am from. When I was in high school many, many years ago, about 1/4 of the trucks in the parking lot had a rifle in the gun rack in the window. No-one thought anything was wrong with that.

When I was in high school many, many years ago, about 1/4 of the trucks in the parking lot had a rifle in the gun rack in the window. No-one thought anything was wrong with that.

When I was in high school in the late 70's - early 80's we had a school trap shooting team. We all brought in our shotguns (unloaded) and kept them in our lockers. We also brought in our long bows/crossbows when we had archery in gym class. No one went on a rampage either, go figure. Today however there would be PSH at the mere mention of doing this. (Shakes head.)

Im not familiar with American laws, but from what I understand in certain states you can carry and fire a weapon if your life is in danger or your protecting your property.

In this video, the mans life was in danger. After he fired once at the suspect, the suspect fled. the old man chased him and continued firing.

At the point where the suspects started running and the old man started chasing and kept shooting, didn't he commit attempted murder? Think about it, they were running, his life was no longer in danger and he became the aggressor.

Edited by BlueGenCoupe

HHHMMM, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't at least one of them, if not both robbers, have guns? So the gentleman fires one or two shots, the bad guys run a short distance turn around, regroup then recharge and end up shooting him and others? Then we'll complain the gentleman didn't do enough. By chasing them, in my opinion, he neutralized the threats by forcing them OUT the door. He stopped once he got to the door and ensured they were outside. The gentleman put himself between the robbers and innocent cilvilians and now he is the bad guy?

I'm sure the thugs will hire some low life attorney to defend them and sue this gentleman anyway. As my friend, who happens to be an attorney, will say, "there are those who always shine a negative light on our profession.

Furthermore, why are we focusing on the actions of the gentleman when we should be focused on the two facial covered robbers who were in there threatening innocent people with harm and to take their possesions from them? How does the gentleman become the bad guy?

Edited by fdresq4

HHHMMM, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't at least one of them, if not both robbers, have guns? So the gentleman fires one or two shots, the bad guys run a short distance turn around, regroup then recharge and end up shooting him and others? Then we'll complain the gentleman didn't do enough. By chasing them, in my opinion, he neutralized the threats by forcing them OUT the door. He stopped once he got to the door and ensured they were outside. The gentleman put himself between the robbers and innocent cilvilians and now he is the bad guy?

I'm sure the thugs will hire some low life attorney to defend them and sue this gentleman anyway. As my friend, who happens to be an attorney, will say, "there are those who always shine a negative light on our profession.

Furthermore, why are we focusing on the actions of the gentleman when we should be focused on the two facial covered robbers who were in there threatening innocent people with harm and to take their possesions from them? How does the gentleman become the bad guy?

one of my tools for work is a gun. When I took my training course, my instructors said, if your ever in a gun fight and the suspects flee the scene and you continue shooting them..if you were to hit them in the back we could get charged b/c they are no longer a threat to us.

I'm just asking a question because I know we have a couple LEO's on here

The exact laws vary from state to state, but Florida (where this occurred) has a "Stand Your Ground" law, so legally I'm guessing Williams shouldn't have any trouble. No jury in their right mind would ever side with the robbers against him in a case like this.