Customer Service 866.965.0400

My vehicles have never been this dirty, need advice

Wardo

Question

Took the truck up to the mountains this past weekend plus it's been rain and dust storm city here for a few weeks.

I planned on the normal 2 bucket, extra time on the first spray down. Then probably a super thick bubble bath with the foam gun.

Is there anything else I should do, to avoid damage. a6fa4308-42cd-f3e3.jpga6fa4308-42dc-1b3e.jpg

tap a talka thingy

13 answers to this question

Good idea, I have a third bucket but only one grit gaurd.

It's giving me nightmares thinking about scratching up the corrected paint. Lol

I'm sure that is everyone's worst thought on this forum

tap a talka thingy

That kind of grime usually leads me to a strip wash. I sometimes find just regular straight Adams car shampoo isn't aggressive enough to take some nasty film type dirt off. Of course if you strip wash it means a rewax aftewards though.

Whenever I have driven in the rain, meaning the car is covered with sand and grime, I go to the coin car wash and power wash the vehicle down with high pressure soap. I DON'T RINSE to prevent water spots, drive home and do my 2-bucket wash. Power washing first takes off 90% of the muck in my experience. Reason I go to the car wash is their water is hot and has soap in it. Also the pressure is better than when using a non-professional power washer at home...

Whenever I have driven in the rain, meaning the car is covered with sand and grime, I go to the coin car wash and power wash the vehicle down with high pressure soap. I DON'T RINSE to prevent water spots, drive home and do my 2-bucket wash. Power washing first takes off 90% of the muck in my experience. Reason I go to the car wash is their water is hot and has soap in it. Also the pressure is better than when using a non-professional power washer at home...

I was just going to suggest this but you beat me to it. When your car is that nasty I think spending a couple bucks at the car wash to blast off with a high pressure washer is well worth it to me just my 2 cents.

I ALWAYS pressure wash before I do my two bucket wash. Pretty much no matter what. I noticed my buckets still get some dirt in them but not nearly as much as if I didnt pressure wash it. That is exactly what yours needs.

I'm confused because I thought the whole point in washing was to lift the dirt from the finish to prevent finish damage? Could it might be better to spray down the car/truck with waterless wash then foam it, let it set then use your hose to rinse it off?