Customer Service 866.965.0400

polished raceline wheels

silverado469

Question

so I got some of the metal polish 1 and 2 and the square blue microfiber polishing pads. I have polished them with both polishes and i feel like im not getting the full effect. I dont know if I'm doing something wrong, or just need to use a different method.

just want some opinions on how the wheels look and what I should do if they don't look how they should.

f1e32ed4.jpg

c89db4e8.jpg

1913c7da.jpg

21 answers to this question

They look great already. I know the feeling of wanting just that little bit of extra shine. I keep trying on mine but they have a clear coat on them! DOH!! :lolsmack:

Besides trying again with the blue microfiber polishing pads you can attempt it again with a drill and the blue 4" focus polishing pads. Although I think it might be a little easier to have the wheels off and flat on the ground so you can work the edges better.

When you are done get some QS on there so that hard work and shine will last longer! :2thumbs:

thanks for the compliments! and i will try the 4" pads later on down the road and i will be sure to put some more svrt on. i tried the "milk" and it works perfectly for the hard to reach spots on the tires.

yes i want to get some brilliant glaze as well. used the quick sealant on them about 3 times now since i got the wheels and its been helping tremendously with reducing the brake dust

Thanks! One more question, I'm gonna switch them out for my stock wheels during the winter and polish the racelines really good. I was thinkin about either powder coating them or painting them with a clear coat. What's your opinions on this? Should I leave them I uncoated or polish them really good and have them sealed permanently?

If you're not wanting to polish them every month then I would say polish them really well then have them clear coated. They will be easier to care for (just like you would your paint). But, it is always satisfying when they've gotten dull and you whip out the metal polish and they're as good as new. Ultimately, your wheels, your money, and your time, so do what you want :thumbsup:

If you're not wanting to polish them every month then I would say polish them really well then have them clear coated. They will be easier to care for (just like you would your paint). But, it is always satisfying when they've gotten dull and you whip out the metal polish and they're as good as new. Ultimately, your wheels, your money, and your time, so do what you want :thumbsup:

Very true, and yeah it was pretty satisfying even though the wheels are only about a month old haha

They're obviously ruined... send the wheels to me and I'll dispose of them for you :D

Haha I guess they get your approval? lol

I spent 90 minutes a rim on my dads truck. Time and effort will yield the best results

Yeah they're only a month old so I spent like a half hour on them. I have to take them off and get into the tight spots. I just wanted to see how well the mp 1&2 work lol

Edited by silverado469

If it were me, I'd probably get them perfect and then use Quick Sealant. That way, you get your polish therapy, and the wheels do go bad quite as often.

Mook

Gotcha yeah I love that quick sealant it keeps the brake dust off so well, thanks for all the help everyone!

Great looking truck man, thing looks killer and so do the wheels after the polishing. I would have to agree with Erik though, there is some sort of awesome satisfaction you get after polishing them up yourself, but I can understand how tedious it can get and the frequency of having to do it. I say stick with 'em the way they are.