Customer Service 866.965.0400

Upgrade to Flex?

xkwj43z

Question

Okay I really needed some input from everyone on here. I currently own a PC 7424xp, and have done 2 cars completely with it. My first complaint is I couldnt get minor swirls out of my new car using the orange pad with Swirl and Haze followed by FMP. Did that twice with minimal results. I also cant stand how much the PC vibrates and just makes so much noise it drives me nuts. I know my tech. probably isn't perfect and takes practice. I just thought that getting a Flex would speed up the process since its direct drive and all. Is it loud and does it vibrate alot like the PC? What shoud I do? :willy:

I have both pc and flex... The pc is only for the 4 inch system other than that it collects dust...the flex works scratches out so fast u will crap your pants..once u get your tech down with the flex most stuff should take 1 pass of each to make perfect....I love my flex and wouldn't trade it for nothing...can't wait to detail this Porsche cayenne s it got some real bad scratches and he wants me to get what I can out( some penetrated the paint) so can't wait to flex on that

No it's smooth as butter compared to the pc...and much quieter..

Thank you for answering my question:2thumbs:

Maybe a flex daily special than hint hint dylan

:iagree:

I know when I do buy one ill buy it through Adams because they are all ready rock bottom priced and you can use a discount code on them as well which most other distributers won't let you do.

Flex keeps sounding better and better,so I still wanted to know if its as loud and does it vibrate your arm off like the PC? Now does flex make a smaller backing plate to use with 4'' pads?

I started out with the PC 7424XP too. And like you found it to be too noisy, too much vibration and took too long.

Finally got the Flex 3401VRG - it is so much nicer. It runs so much smoother than the PC 7424XP. Though the Flex 3401VRG requires both hands to control it is much less fatiguing to me and more enjoyable. For me it sounds quieter but I have not measured the dB difference or what frequencies they produce. Not only does it sound better and more solid but the vibration action is not like snapping violent action on the PC, rather the Flex is a smooth solid feel.

Obviously the Flex costs more and when you use the Flex, you can instantly feel why. Though both polishers, for me they are in different classes.

The PC 7424XP is still used at my house - for focus pads and also applying and buffing off Machine Super Sealant. Yes, I know the Flex can be used for applying MSS now, but it still can't be used for buffing the MSS off.

:cheers:

I started out with the PC 7424XP too. And like you found it to be too noisy, too much vibration and took too long.

Finally got the Flex 3401VRG - it is so much nicer. It runs so much smoother than the PC 7424XP. Though the Flex 3401VRG requires both hands to control it is much less fatiguing to me and more enjoyable. For me it sounds quieter but I have not measured the dB difference or what frequencies they produce. Not only does it sound better and more solid but the vibration action is not like snapping violent action on the PC, rather the Flex is a smooth solid feel.

Obviously the Flex costs more and when you use the Flex, you can instantly feel why. Though both polishers, for me they are in different classes.

The PC 7424XP is still used at my house - for focus pads and also applying and buffing off Machine Super Sealant. Yes, I know the Flex can be used for applying MSS now, but it still can't be used for buffing the MSS off.

:cheers:

That helped alot thank you:thumbsup:

:willy:Now I just have to sell my PC

Keep the PC and leave a 4" backing plate on it and use it for the tight to reach areas where the full-size pads are too big.

I really need to buy a Flex!

But I've never buffed or polished my vehicles.

Would it be okay for me to go straight to a Flex without even trying a PC?

Some people might not agree, but I would say you can go straight to the Flex. After I started using my PC, I outgrew it pretty quickly.

Some people might not agree, but I would say you can go straight to the Flex. After I started using my PC, I outgrew it pretty quickly.

I have to agree with this as well. I outgrew my PC very fast, however I did have experience with a rotary feom a while back before I jumped back into things and bought a PC. So I knew what limitations I may need to watch for. I moved up to a Flex and cautiously worked on my process only to quickly become very comfortable with it.

If you don't have the experience like some others do, buy the Flex and just take your time to see how each products works on individual processes you are dealing with, i.e. various shapes of vehicle panels, working products till they flash, etc.

You'll be fine, so just go for it. Just don't go crazy and be stupid about attacking the paint. Similar to like a window washer who takes one too many steps back to admire his work! :D

I have to agree with this as well. I outgrew my PC very fast, however I did have experience with a rotary feom a while back before I jumped back into things and bought a PC. So I knew what limitations I may need to watch for. I moved up to a Flex and cautiously worked on my process only to quickly become very comfortable with it.

If you don't have the experience like some others do, buy the Flex and just take your time to see how each products works on individual processes you are dealing with, i.e. various shapes of vehicle panels, working products till they flash, etc.

You'll be fine, so just go for it. Just don't go crazy and be stupid about attacking the paint. Similar to like a window washer who takes one too many steps back to admire his work! :D

I'm seriously about getting one, especially with that 15% code for the Summer. Cause it time to get my black truck cleaned up!!

073.jpg

0090.jpg

56.jpg