Customer Service 866.965.0400

Upgrade to Flex?

xkwj43z

Question

Okay I really needed some input from everyone on here. I currently own a PC 7424xp, and have done 2 cars completely with it. My first complaint is I couldnt get minor swirls out of my new car using the orange pad with Swirl and Haze followed by FMP. Did that twice with minimal results. I also cant stand how much the PC vibrates and just makes so much noise it drives me nuts. I know my tech. probably isn't perfect and takes practice. I just thought that getting a Flex would speed up the process since its direct drive and all. Is it loud and does it vibrate alot like the PC? What shoud I do? :willy:

Does Adams just sell the flex machine?? I don't need a combo with pads as I just bought a bunch of Adams pads and polishes.

Talk to Ashley... She will help u out, however you can't use any discounts on just the machine. So you would probably be better off ordering a kit and getting 15% off....

You would only have to spend a little more for a lot more stuff

My truck needs waxing bad! But, I'm holding off bc it needs polished & buffed pretty bad also. I always wax and everything, but never used the PC nor Flex. I bet watching the videos. I will be very confident!

I was a little hesitant before i bought my pc. Once I got it and used it I wasnt hesitant at all. It is so easy to use just takes time to get your technique down. Dont worry you will be fine. Just watch the videos and get polishing.

I'll have to second what's said above!

I've had a PC for years and it just not anywhere near the Flex. I also have a rotary buffer as well. The Flex is the best of both worlds (literally). My PC with the 4" pads serves a great purpose. So does the rotary (but I don't suggest using this tool unless you know exactly what you are doing). The Flex accomplishes everything I need for 99% of my paint correction and polishing. For the small areas, the PC is a life saver.

Unless you do something very very stupid, the FLEX is as safe to use as the PC and as effective as the rotary. It's a brilliant design and as you can tell, I highly recommend it. If I could only use one power tool, without hesitation I would use a FLEX!!

Hope this helps!!

Yes they do sell a flex just by itself Adam's Polishes - Flex Polisher - Case of 1

Only dealers can buy that though. It's listed under the Wholesale Orders category.

O didnt know that ha i added it to my cart but never pushed it all the way through the checkout process

Sorry I'm late to the party...

I thought I couldn't order it either, but I had a nice little chat asking if I could order it by itself. I didn't know it was on the wholesale page. When they told me where it was, I mentioned that I didn't think I could order from there, but they told me ANYONE could order just the Flex - and a coupon code worked as well.

I'm in the same boat. PC takes way too long on beaten and battered paint! I worked for 6 hours on the passenger side front fender, door, and extended cab. And that was just below the windows. Still have the drivers side fender, door, extended cab, and all of the bed and tailgate to do. Just takes way too long for the results I want.

Same here lol! Don't get me wrong my PC has done me well and can get 85% of the flaws out of my boss, but it takes several passes and the time, effort, and extra product use honestly is not worth it to me at that point.

Sorry I'm late to the party...

I thought I couldn't order it either, but I had a nice little chat asking if I could order it by itself. I didn't know it was on the wholesale page. When they told me where it was, I mentioned that I didn't think I could order from there, but they told me ANYONE could order just the Flex - and a coupon code worked as well.

that's good to know:thumbsup: thanks. may just end up ordering a Flex then:2thumbs:

I have the PC but I'm only doing a few cars a year. I'm not in the detailing biz. The PC is loud, coarse, hard to control but I find it satisfying. Since I don't do more than 3 or 4 cars a year, the PC and the Focus pads work just fine with me. What my PC can't fix, the focus pads (with the optional electric drill attachment) does more than the Flex could do. Just not as elegantly and quickly. But I'm doing this as therapy and not as a business and that's the difference. I'm sure I would be seduced by the Flex if I ever tried it, but so far, the PC is good enough.

I'm trying the Flex today, and I gotta say I love it so far. It's definitely quiet enough to not annoy, and it feels hefty in your hands. Hit the trigger all the way and it actually automatically ramps the speed up. It's got some electronic intelligence built in!

The handle on it is also TERRIFIC, and makes it easy to hold onto and control. The handle on the PC is off to the side, which makes no sense whatsoever because you hold it near the cord with one hand and use the handle with the other, which means you're actually applying pressure off-center on the pad. So you end up not using the handle and just resting your hand on the housing, which just about vibrates your hand off. The Flex is smooth, and the handle lets you line up both hands to ensure the pressure is centered on the pad. Perfect!

All the talk has me very intrigued with the Flex. I just bought my PC (from Adam's) this past Feb...wonder if I would have a problem selling it?

I know some say it is better to keep it and have both. I am a Machine Super Sealant user, so maybe it would be wise to keep it. But, it would be nice to offset the cost of the Flex.