Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dampen Pad?

NS370Z

Question

I see in the videos to give the pad just a mist of detail spray, then put your product on the pad and have at er. Just wondering if anyone has ever slightly dampened their pads with water? I did not get started yet with my new kit but I've seen with other pads, people slightly dampen the pads by saturating them in water then squeezing out as much water as possible then towel blotting them so they are just barely moist. 99% of my instincts say go by the videos and just put detail spray on dry pad followed by product. Just trying to get some feedback from the pros. Thanks all. Great site by the way. Can't wait to get started with my PC.:2thumbs:

Edited by NS370Z

5 answers to this question

The guys at my local detailing store told me to use distilled water instead of detail spray. I had a problem with the polish caking up with detail spray. I definitely could just be using too much, but that was their suggestion. Haven't tried it yet though.

Whenever using products, I always try to follow the recommendations of that manufacturer, since they've probably done extensive testing of the products. In the case of Adam's polishes, that means using the detail spray. When I use other brands of polish, I do what they recommend to prime the pad.