Customer Service 866.965.0400

How would my fellow Adams addicts react?

SteelJones

Time to take her drivers license away.

IMO all seniors should have a mental and written drivers exam to keep their drivers license. In CT all you hear is people in their 70s & 80s getting into accidents or driving their cars through shop windows because they hit the gas instead of the break.

IMO all seniors should have a mental and written drivers exam to keep their drivers license. In CT all you hear is people in their 70s & 80s getting into accidents or driving their cars through shop windows because they hit the gas instead of the break.

That is what I say. Don't get me wrong, there are some very good elderly drivers out there. My grandma is in fact one of them, but there are more bad then good. Take her husband for example, he freaks me out when he drives. Give them there own line in the dmv, and perhaps every 6 months to a year, make them come into to take some tests to make sure that the are able to still be driving a car. Also, maybe just me, but why does her age stop her from going to jail? If a black/latino male in his 20s did this, he would be taking to jail, and have a charge of aggravated assault.

The nation needs an overall better approach to licensing, not just testing the elderly. (I'm not sure, but I believe teen drivers are statistically a greater danger than older drivers). We need better training for young drivers, stricter penalties for drunk driving, real on-the-road training and testing before you get a license, zero tolerance for cell phone/texting behind the wheel, etc. But good luck ever getting that done in today's world.