Customer Service 866.965.0400

1936 Mercedes Roadster & More - Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance

JBlack151

Just a little Friday morning story and article for you guys/gals.

A few weeks back I had the opportunity to speak with a great auto enthusiast I met at a BBQ here in Connecticut. He is now retired however he had a very cool history of jobs over his time. He went to school for auto design in the 60's and his resume ranged from working for GM, to building cars with Zora Dontuv (Father of the Corvette) among so many other cool jobs. I sat and asked question after question about each piece of information he spoke of, just absorbing everything in. He is a true car guy and knew so much history. It was such an honor to listen to someone who was so involved with the automotive industry back in the day.

Among the stories he and I talked about there was one of a 1936 Mercedes Roadster that was discovered in a barn here in Connecticut. He told me more about this car and it's history. This morning I am reading about the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in California this weekend and I find a article about the Mercedes he spoke of. I love reading things like this.

So here is the story of the Mercedes that will be at the Concours d'Elegance this weekend along with a few other cool vehicles scheduled to be in attendance.

Happy Friday everyone!

From barn finds to Steve McQueen, the million-dollar cars selling at Pebble Beach this weekend | Motoramic - Yahoo! Autos

Nice, it's always more cool hearing history from people who were actually there. I'd like to get up to Pebble Beach one year. I do have a customer who came by and stocked up before heading up there to detail cars. I don't have pics of which cars he is doing yet.

Bruce