Customer Service 866.965.0400

Freshly detailed midnight blue 2009

dagen

I detailed a truck yesterday that's midnight blue. It's an 09 had a few decent swirls throughout rough to the touch and been thrue a few auto car washes that were NOT touchless. I started with Dawn to strip it down followed by detail spray across the entire thing. Next step was clay bar , full polishing, and then the Buttery Wax. I am pretty amazed with the result's and will let you guy's be the judges. Sorry for the phone pic's as i don't yet have a high res camera.

Detailpicsgrandpastruck002.jpg

Detailpicsgrandpastruck001.jpg

Detailpicsgrandpastruck003.jpg

Detailpicsgrandpastruck005.jpg

Looks good!

On a side note:

The detail spray wipe down after the wash was probably a waste of your time and product. You could've left the water on the truck and went straight to claying since you were polishing anyways. But it's your personal preference and I'm not going to tell you what you should and shouldn't do in your process :thumbsup:

The detail spray wipe down after the wash was probably a waste of your time and product. You could've left the water on the truck and went straight to claying since you were polishing anyways. But it's your personal preference and I'm not going to tell you what you should and shouldn't do in your process :thumbsup:

Don't you need the Detail Spray to act as a lubricant when claying? I'd be afraid to rely on the water left from rinsing (if that's what you're saying).

Don't you need the Detail Spray to act as a lubricant when claying? I'd be afraid to rely on the water left from rinsing (if that's what you're saying).

You should definitely use DS while claying! What I was saying was to not do the detail spray whipe down after rinsing the soap off. As a matter of fact, I said don't even worry about drying since he was going directly to clay then polish. But you would still need the DS as the lubricant while claying