Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Adams User in Socal

Mandrew

Hey there..

I am a new user to Adams and just recently bought a 2012 Black GMC Sierra Denali. I've spent countless hours watching videos and reading the posts many of you have written on here. Great info by the way!!

I recently recieved my shipment of Adams and started detailing the new ride! Came across one issue so far...hopefully someone has an answer..

After washing my car, I noticed "spots" all over my wheels. I washed my wheels first just like the videos show in Vol. 8. All purpose cleaner on the tire, green wheel cleaner on the rims, be sure they are not hot before washing them and never let the product sit. These "spots" were extremely difficult to remove! Shouldn't have issues being these are new wheels. I didn't order any wheel polish with this first order so I was forced to experiment with the polishes I bought. I found that the fine machine polish and a shot of detail spray on a microfiber worked best. As you can see it looks pretty good. My only concern is making sure this doesn't happen again because I spent a couple hours trying to get rid of those spots. Any tips?? Maybe Revive would have worked better? Again, don't have all the Adams goodies quite yet. Thanks for all your help...sorry for the long write-up!!!

Revive works amazing things on my chrome clad dodge 20's. They become so shiny they almost look like black chrome. I wash then dry with a shot of detail spray for normal stuff then every few moths I do a wash, revive, and quick sealent.

Edit: quick sealent is what you need. A coat of that every couple months will keep them clean. Just use soap and water on them and everything should just rinse off. Once you seal them no more APC as this will strip the QS off.

Edited by Kenneth

Thanks for the pointers!

I do have hard water, but would that really contribute to getting spots that hard to remove?? Especially being brand new wheels..

Also, a couple of you have mentioned using quick sealant. Would applying the machine super sealant by hand give me the same results?

Thanks again! I'll be sure to post pics once I hit the paint!

I do have hard water, but would that really contribute to getting spots that hard to remove?? Especially being brand new wheels..

The age of the wheels has pretty much nothing to do with the likelihood of spotting. Its completely based upon water quality and letting that water dry on the surface... be it paint, wheels, glass, or any non-porous surface. A water spot is essentially the 'stuff' that was in the water thats left behind when the water dries/evaporates away, so unless you use filtered and deionized water it will spot if its allowed to dry.

Best thing is to dry them before the water has the chance to dry, or use a shot of detail spray while they're still wet to buy yourself some time.

Also, a couple of you have mentioned using quick sealant. Would applying the machine super sealant by hand give me the same results?

You'll get the same kind or protection, just a little harder to work with on wheels, but you can definitely go that route.

easiest way to quickly dry them is a master blaster or leaf blower. I typically do this to the wheels after washing them then continue on to washing the rest of the truck. then dry the whole thing misting detail spray as i go.

Welcome to the board. I'm just down the road in Northridge if you want to try out Revive, Quick Sealant or any other products.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce! Might have to take you up on that.. Again I appreciate all the help and advice.

The age of the wheels has pretty much nothing to do with the likelihood of spotting. Its completely based upon water quality and letting that water dry on the surface... be it paint, wheels, glass, or any non-porous surface. A water spot is essentially the 'stuff' that was in the water thats left behind when the water dries/evaporates away, so unless you use filtered and deionized water it will spot if its allowed to dry.

Best thing is to dry them before the water has the chance to dry, or use a shot of detail spray while they're still wet to buy yourself some time.

You'll get the same kind or protection, just a little harder to work with on wheels, but you can definitely go that route.

Thanks Dylan!! I'll give it a try