Customer Service 866.965.0400

Problem area on my Mustang

DSG Mustang GT

Question

10 answers to this question

try claying the service if that doesnt work take som Bon Ami cleanser and water and clean the windshield. we used to use the cleanser for micro scope slides at school. but claying may take alot of that off it sounds like whatever you put on was more like a coating ( like a wax) and now it smears because it no longer slides and leaves rubber residue on the window. Again this is shooting from the hip without seeing the pics.

Thanks for the help. I don't hav water spots, just scratched, pitted, rough 100k mile glass. I'll give it a shot! Thanks

Oh... then none of the things you're looking at are going to address that. Paint polishes don't have the level of abrasive needed to 'cut' glass. And steel wool is for removing stubborn water spots... not for removing scratches and other damage.

You can't fix what isn't there! So if there is pits... thats it... you need to replace the glass.

Scratches in glass don't polish out easily and its a VERY messy process involving cerium oxide and a bronze wool pad on a rotary polisher. I recently did this to remove some damage to our shower doors before selling our house. It made an ABSOLUTE mess and was a real pain.

I was worried you would say replace the windshild. Thats not going to be cheap. I'll try to get a picture regardless. It's a eye sore. Whole car is clean except for that. And at night it's horrible.

Just to be clearer, I used water spot remover and it got water spots out. But afterwards left the windshild "bare" and exsposed every scratch and defect that I didn't knowticed before. Hard to explain, sorry for the confusion. Thanks guys, liking this forum!