Customer Service 866.965.0400

What pressure washer?

Fear Ls1

Im actually a new member on here from Midland Texas, but ive been using Adams products for awhile now. Im starting a mobile wash here soon, and i dont know which pressure washer would be best. It will be strictly for washing vehicles. I was thinking i would be able to find one in the 200-300 dollar range. Even cheaper would help too, haha. Any input or tips would be appreciated. -Jory.

If you are going to polish, won't it be better to have a generator? If so then you could go electric.... I have the cleanforce 1800.. which works well for me...

True, but he said just mobile wash so pretty much if you're only going to do wash and dry a stand along gas PW would get the job done there.

Obviously it greatly limits the scope of work you could offer, but also reduces startup cost and time on site so you could turn over a greater number of jobs.

I know guys who do mobile wash n' wax only... $45 a pop... one is turning cars over in about 30 minutes with 2 guys and they spend a full day in one lot just doing that. No polishing, no interiors, just a high quality cleaning/wash/wax.

You get a solid process down and work with 2 guys... its doable.

as far as the PSI goes... you really don't need much for washing... 1400 is more than enough. Also need to consider (and probably more important) the GPM.

How are you feeding it water? Pressurized/pumped or gravity feed? This is something serious to consider b/c you can starve a PW for water, which will overheat/seize the motor. Most of them rely on the water passing thru to cool the pump.

Not saying you necessarily NEED a higher GPM, but based on what your flow rate is on the tank you may want to base your decision for the pressure washer on that. If you are going gravity fed the GPM is going to be relatively low, so you want to go with a PW that doesn't need a ton of water flowing thru it. If you're going to have a pump running to push water thru you can get away with running a higher GPM unit.