Customer Service 866.965.0400

White Streak on Window Molding

jcb_njb

Question

I have a 2009 Corvette and the outside black molding at the bottom of the driver and passenger windows have a white streak. I have tried VRT but while it inhances the black area, it leaves the white streak. I believe the streak may be from the PC buffer when I am waxing the car. What product can I use to get rid of the streak.

15 answers to this question

Adam's All Purpose Cleaner should knock that out easily. Just yesterday I removed a bunch of white spots from the edge of my bedline using the all purpose cleaner and a microfiber towel. No sweat at all.

I have also read on this forum that a pencil eraser can be used. I was going to try that if the APC had not worked.

I've ordered the All Purpose Cleaner, I'll wait for that. However, if all else fails, I'll ask the grandkids if I can have some of their peanut butter or go to Walgreens. :)

Jim, Simple Green can also be effective, and most people have a jug somewhere in the house or garage. Keep us posted!

As for you JJ1o87, You are :banned:

(Just kidding. Just spell Armor All correctly, and we can be friends!:D)

Jim, Simple Green can also be effective, and most people have a jug somewhere in the house or garage. Keep us posted!

As for you JJ1o87, You are :banned:

(Just kidding. Just spell Armor All correctly, and we can be friends!:D)

You should be happy I don't know how to spell it - just means I don't use the stuff! :2thumbs:

I received my order of All Purpose Cleaner (Thank You Elite) and preliminary results look very good :banana:. I used a small amount on a cloth and rubbed the molding. Then I wiped it down with a wet MF cloth and dried with another MF cloth. Results look good :).

Thank you Elite for getting my order to me quickly and to Adams for great detailing products.

I received my order of All Purpose Cleaner (Thank You Elite) and preliminary results look very good :banana:. I used a small amount on a cloth and rubbed the molding. Then I wiped it down with a wet MF cloth and dried with another MF cloth. Results look good :).

Thank you Elite for getting my order to me quickly and to Adams for great detailing products.

Now put some VRT on and you'll be all set :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Glad it all worked out for you :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon: