Customer Service 866.965.0400

Giveaway AEV Hemi JK

matts88yj

Just finished up doing a mini correction on an AEV Hemi Wrangler JK that my company is giving away. They didn't want me to do a full correction on it but I polished it a bit and topped it off with some BG for a few photos and the tent sale this weekend where it will be officially handed over to the winner.

They didn't want any SVRT on the tires (higher up's orders) but I did manage to sneak it on the flares and mirrors which they liked. I think it came out okay. It could use more correcting in my opinion but it is now a lot better than what it was. This is the only good shot I got with the big boy camera. Just thought I would share.

11793d1349268360-hemi-detailed.jpg

LM_O @ the higher ups not wanting tire dressing. I hope you offered to dress their tassled loafers also.

His a SCCA track racer guy and doesn't like it. I said 'This isn't going to be going around VIR or Thunderbolt at NJMSP. Plus the tires look like garbage when right above them are beautifully treated fender flares courtesy of Adam's Polishes, more specifically, SVRT which isn't like any of your 'tire shine' that you so despise of. It doesn't streak, it doesn't sling and it doesn't impair your vehicles handling capabilities so long as you don't coat the crap out of the entire tread area of the tire with it.'

He still didn't want it. Oh well, his loss.

Agreed! I LOVE AEV Jeeps.. they are 110% American Made and put so much R&D into their products. Like our beloved Adam's they are not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Depending on which Hemi & options that has your talking between $28 & $70k ON TOP of the Rubicon's $40K price tag! Ok I think I just drooled on myself..

Thank you all. I agree I wanted to put the SVRT on but no worries, I have applied it to the other Jeep that I'm doing that will be on display as well. Not as much time is going into the paint on this one but it's a beast and gets wheeled a fair bit.

The contest is over and the winner is actually flying in today to our location to do a tour of the facilities and get some R&R. This one will be making its way back to Texas and I believe that they are driving it back from PA to Texas. Keep an eye out on the roads if you're along the way :)

Bet those loafers are extra awesome though.

Oh you have no idea. Those tassels look so amazing now he just looked at them for the rest of the day.

One thing is that he said he was going to pick the winner up at the airport in it but agreed that if there was any chance of rain today or if it rained overnight last night he wouldn't take it out. It rained last night so the gem can stay protected from the elements for one more day :)

Agreed! I LOVE AEV Jeeps.. they are 110% American Made and put so much R&D into their products. Like our beloved Adam's they are not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Depending on which Hemi & options that has your talking between $28 & $70k ON TOP of the Rubicon's $40K price tag! Ok I think I just drooled on myself..

I'll be honest with you, this one feels slow. Now I know it's a 4 door with a decent set of bumpers and whatnot on it but for it being a 5.7L Hemi, compared to my 88 YJ with the tuned 5.3 and built 4L60E, it's a dog. Where it will beat me all day long is ride quality but I like chirping 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears. People give me the 'How is that possible?!' look. :lolsmack:

wouldn't it be neat if Chrysler put a small V8 in these from the factory.... save people $20k in conversions :rolleyes:

Yeah but I'd rather have an LS motor of some sort under the hood rather than any slopar motor. The aftermarket just isn't there for the style of motor that a lifted 4x4 rig needs on the Chrysler side of things. Sure, go ahead and put the V-10 Viper motor in but remember, while it has power it's usually not where you need it. The 5.3 in my YJ pulls pretty good for it being all stock internals and just a tune. Eventually it will see an LS9 cam and some other little bits and pieces to wake her up a little more. :thumbsup:

You know, we could ban you for not giving us a link to that contest before it was over.... :lolsmack:

Smoking Jeep. I'd love to have a rig like that even with a stock six. :thumbsup:

I'll remember that but we like to keep the Jeep community spoiled, hence why I don't go out pimping the contest everywhere I am. Plus I don't like to publicly say where I work since then it turns into a ton of people that act like my friend when all they want is a discount on parts. :rolleyes:

the more and more i look, the more and more i want a JK Unlimited! that new Brute Double Cab would be kick@$$!!!

Rumor has it that the Brute Double Cab will be next years giveaway :2thumbs:

Edited by matts88yj

I'll remember that but we like to keep the Jeep community spoiled, hence why I don't go out pimping the contest everywhere I am. Plus I don't like to publicly say where I work since then it turns into a ton of people that act like my friend when all they want is a discount on parts. :rolleyes:

Matt don't make me go over your head.. I do have a direct line to your "real" boss! LOL :lolsmack::lolsmack:

Yeah but I'd rather have an LS motor of some sort under the hood rather than any slopar motor. The aftermarket just isn't there for the style of motor that a lifted 4x4 rig needs on the Chrysler side of things. Sure, go ahead and put the V-10 Viper motor in but remember, while it has power it's usually not where you need it. The 5.3 in my YJ pulls pretty good for it being all stock internals and just a tune. Eventually it will see an LS9 cam and some other little bits and pieces to wake her up a little more. :thumbsup:

Rumor has it that the Brute Double Cab will be next years giveaway :2thumbs:

sub'd to the Brute double cab newsletter :loser:

Matt don't make me go over your head.. I do have a direct line to your "real" boss! LOL :lolsmack::lolsmack:

I just let her think she's the boss :D

I would love a 2nd Gen Jeep SRT8GC, as a second vehicle.

That's where my Jeep love starts and stops. I know there is a large crowd out there that love to crawl, and I can appreciate that!

The SRT8GC's aren't my thing. I just couldn't get into them. I'm building the car to go fast. The Jeep is already built to go anywhere and it can go fast while doing so ;) You want to see the unlimited race as far as the combination of rock crawling and desert racing, then I highly suggest you check out the King of the Hammers race. It takes place every year in Johnson Valley, CA and it's a brutal course. Over 100mph in the desert sections and then you come crawling to a near halt only to go 5-10 mph with boulders the size of VW bugs. It's pretty impressive to build a rig that can do both and do it well.

sub'd to the Brute double cab newsletter :loser:

Who says I'm going to post it in this thread? :P If you look or search hard enough for the giveaway, I'm sure you'll find it. ;)

The SRT8GC's aren't my thing. I just couldn't get into them. I'm building the car to go fast. The Jeep is already built to go anywhere and it can go fast while doing so ;) You want to see the unlimited race as far as the combination of rock crawling and desert racing, then I highly suggest you check out the King of the Hammers race. It takes place every year in Johnson Valley, CA and it's a brutal course. Over 100mph in the desert sections and then you come crawling to a near halt only to go 5-10 mph with boulders the size of VW bugs. It's pretty impressive to build a rig that can do both and do it well.

The beauty of Race Trucks man. Because we build them to beat your Corvette, your Camaro, your G8, your Mustang. It takes a lot of skill and time to take a 6k lb brick to be 11seconds.

:burnout::patriot::cheers: