Customer Service 866.965.0400

Drying help

The_dude

Question

New to the site. Great products. Did my first 2 bucket wash. All went pretty well. After washing and rinsing I tried to sheet the car like on the

Videos. Then I dried with the microfiber towel. It got really wet after doing the roof and hood. How many towels should I need for a camaro?

Any drying tips appreciated. I ended up using an electric blow dryer we use to groom our dogs. That worked pretty well.

17 answers to this question

In order for the pool rinsing method to work as it does in the videos the car will need a good coat of wax still. After the pool method spray the car down with detail spray to aid in the drying process. If you have a blower and choose to get in the cracks this is the time to bring it out. After that take the great white to the car. I use at least 2 on my car (mustang) just as the wash pads; 1 for the upper portion of the car and 1 for the lowest.

Hope this helps!

Thanks. That helps a lot! The car still has some wax on it so that did help some. I had a hard time getting the wheels completely clean due to lots of brake dust and the calipers blocking my brush. I was going to order some brushes so I'll try the detail spray and grab another towel. Can I use the waterless wash on wheels to keep the dust down between washes?

I must be like a pool rinsing god. I use 1 great white when drying my truck

Same here. 1 gwdt that is barely damp at the end of drying. After pool rinsing I have only a few droplets left to clear with the towel. Sidekick the nooks/crannies and I'm done

You may either be using to much or too little water pressure in your sheet rinse. Give it a try with more or less flow and see if it removes more water.

I also have a Blaster Sidekick which is GREAT! I would have never believed it worth it till I tried it!

I use 1 GWDT on my TBSS with some DS and I'm golden!

Then I dried with the microfiber towel. It got really wet after doing the roof and hood. How many towels should I need for a camaro?

Are you using a Great White drying towel? Like others have said, I can dry my fullsize truck with one Great White (after a pooling rinse and a quick pass with a blower to hit the nooks and crannies). If you're using a soft microfiber towel such as those used for polishing, then yeah, you're gonna get frustrated.

I use 2-3 towels to do an entire Mid-Size Pickup.

That being said. One of those towels is usually just the hood and roof. You aren't doing anything wrong.

However I would recommend using the pooling method if you don't already. Cuts down on a lot of towel use.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/wash-dry-clay-bar/6263.htm

I also use a old generic brand MF towel to do my bed cover and rubber/plastic trim.

1) As stated above, the pool rinse technique will work it's BEST when the paint surface is very smooth (corrected) and well protected. Otherwise, the water won't roll off like it's supposed to, it'll just sit on the surface. Thus being ineffective. Make sense??

2) Pool rinsing should be done at a LOW PRESSURE. The water should be "rolling" out of the hose, not "shooting" out at a high velocity.

3) As stated above, mist the paint with detail spray to aid in softening the leftover water.

This should eliminate the problems you're having.

Thats crazy that yall have to use multiple towels, i have a 2009 sierra gmc crew cab and i can do the whole truck and my great white is just damp. I dont use anything to blow dry it either

I use multiple towels to be cautious of anything that may have been missed. If I have 3 towels to use why not use them? I think I could use 1 towel as well but the lower portion of the car and the rear of the car gets dirty quick so it makes sense to me to have a dedicated towel for this portion.

I use multiple towels to be cautious of anything that may have been missed. If I have 3 towels to use why not use them? I think I could use 1 towel as well but the lower portion of the car and the rear of the car gets dirty quick so it makes sense to me to have a dedicated towel for this portion.

Good call. It's the same reasoning for why we use dedicated wash mitts for different parts of the vehicle.

You're using multiple drying towels because the lower/rear parts of your car get dirty? That doesn't make much sense to me. After a proper two-bucket wash no part of your car should be dirty to the point that you are worried about inflicting damage with a GWDT.

I try to limit the time I'm physically touching paint. After sheet rinsing and sidekick (or blaster) to a recently sealed/waxed car, there should be only a few water droplets here and there left. A gentle blot with 1 GWDT is all it takes, IMHO.

Save yourself the extra laundry ;)

You're using multiple drying towels because the lower/rear parts of your car get dirty? That doesn't make much sense to me. After a proper two-bucket wash no part of your car should be dirty to the point that you are worried about inflicting damage with a GWDT.

I try to limit the time I'm physically touching paint. After sheet rinsing and sidekick (or blaster) to a recently sealed/waxed car, there should be only a few water droplets here and there left. A gentle blot with 1 GWDT is all it takes, IMHO.

Save yourself the extra laundry ;)

You have your ways I have mine :cheers: for whatever reason I have more water on my car after washing so I choose to use a dry towel vs a damp towel that I have to go back over with detail spray and a microfiber. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong but it works for me :thumbsup: