Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ram 1500 Express

ExpressThis13

Well I am looking to move on from my Chevy at the moment and keeping an open mind. I test drove an f150 yesterday and didnt care for it so I can officially rule them out. The Rams have a good discount going on right now and I test drove a 2012 Ram 1500 Express and it had awesome power compared to both my chevy and the ford actually impressive and the ride was great. Does anyone have one or know someone who does and how do they like it? The only thing it doesnt have is power seats, steering wheel stereo controls, and remote start (my chevy has all this) but its something about being an only owner on a truck and having great power, and of course the express is all paint matched so no chrome except in the chrome clad wheels which I would not change. Hemi of course dual exhaust out rear and it was a quad cab not crew cab. Just looking for some input here as I have never owned a dodge or chrysler anything. Its up to me if I can live without remote start n such.

Can't really say much for dodge but I know I've got 185k on my silverado and haven't had to do much to it mechanically. Been a great truck. I know myself that after this truck I will probably be going to Ford as they didn't accept money from the bailout like gm or Chrysler and that's pretty cool to me. Most everything nowadays lasts for a super long time if its taken care of.

I know it's hard to beat the Chevy SB engine. All of our sales force drives the F150 in one form or another and while I know you didn't like it, they've proven amazingly reliable for us.

I agree with Christopher. I for one am not a fan of Ford trucks for my taste, however with my recent search for a used truck the majority of the Ford's I come across have an extreme amount of miles on them which shows they are a really well built platform. Maybe try out a different F150 for a 2nd attempt.

As for Dodge, I am a Chevy guy so they as well do not fit me, but I hear so many great things about them and their performance when purchased. However I always hear negative things about Dodge trucks later on in their life after years of use. But who knows how well they were maintained though before those issues began.

Good luck with your choice.

Here's my opinion on the new trucks:

Chevy is a great truck, but the 5.3 is a absolute dog compared to the other new engines from ford and dodge so u gotta spring for the 6.2 for some power.

Fords 5.0 is a nice running motor, but the Eco boost has great power and great on fuel.

The dodge ram with the hemi is king. Great power, great reliability in the new rams, and I know two people that have them that are getting 17 mpg average. That's pretty good for a 6000lb truck with almost 400hp.

If you're not in a bind for a new truck, wait and see what the redesigned GM trucks will be like for next year.

As for the Ram, I'm sure it's a good truck, but why "downgrade" away from the options you're used to? If you're gonna go new, stick with something that is at least as nice as what you have now or you may be disappointed...especially when it comes time to write that check every month.

Why have you decided to move on from Chevy?

I personally would never go from a Chevy to a Dodge but thats just me. I know the 5.3 seems a little underpowered compared to the Hemi but I think overall its a much better engine, plus you 5.3 is only GM's mid range engine, its just the most popular.

I like the fact the Express is color matched but I think it would be a downgrade from a Chevy

If you are not in a pinch I would wait to see what GM does with the 2014's they will be revieled in 3 months and be on sale in 6. I have heard rumors that they are going to be amazing and the engines are going to have much better power and effeciency.

I guarantee Chevy will have the 3.6L V6 in the new full size which will help it compete more closely with the Ford and Dodge offerings. I wouldn't dismiss the V6 unless you're doing a lot of trailer pulling. Over 300BHP and decent torque with superior fuel mileage makes it a great choice. Most of our sales forces F150's are bought with the 3.7L V6 for that reason.

I guarantee Chevy will have the 3.6L V6 in the new full size which will help it compete more closely with the Ford and Dodge offerings. I wouldn't dismiss the V6 unless you're doing a lot of trailer pulling. Over 300BHP and decent torque with superior fuel mileage makes it a great choice. Most of our sales forces F150's are bought with the 3.7L V6 for that reason.

Everything I have been reading about the V6 is that they will continue to to use the 4.3L but its going to be completly and have more HP then the current 5.3L V8 Does. I think that could be a game changer. It should get better MPGs than the current 5.3L and it will be just as capable.

Everything I have been reading about the V6 is that they will continue to to use the 4.3L but its going to be completly and have more HP then the current 5.3L V8 Does. I think that could be a game changer. It should get better MPGs than the current 5.3L and it will be just as capable.

That's nuts! GM needs to reduce the number of engines not increase. The 3.6 already bolts up to the RWD trans and is capable of 330+ bhp.

That's nuts! GM needs to reduce the number of engines not increase. The 3.6 already bolts up to the RWD trans and is capable of 330+ bhp.

I think the biggest issue with the 3.6 is that it is actually a engine designed for a car, not a truck. The 3.6 in the Acadia/Traverse is a little heavier duty than that in the Impala/ATS/Equinox etc... Version, but it still is not as heavy duty as the 4.8 or 5.3 V8.

Same kinda reason why GM put the LQ9 6.0L in the Escalade and Silverado SS, vs. the LS2 in the Corvette or TBSS. They are similar engines, the LQ9 is more designed for trucks and the LS2 was designed for cars

GM is going to get rid of the 4.8 so the 4.3V6 will be the main base engine and they will offer it in more trim lines than the current V6 which is only in the WT. So they are just updating the current 4.3L with new tech and they are getting rid of how many engines.

• 2 weeks later...

Fail, Looks like ole Bill has been banned, my bad:willy:

Haven't seen him on here in awhile, but you might check with

Corners, he's had some problems with the newer dodges, fyi

BWIW, I have an '08 Dodge 2500 with the diesel.

Bluezey

Edited by Bluezey

I think the biggest issue with the 3.6 is that it is actually a engine designed for a car, not a truck. The 3.6 in the Acadia/Traverse is a little heavier duty than that in the Impala/ATS/Equinox etc... Version, but it still is not as heavy duty as the 4.8 or 5.3 V8.

Same kinda reason why GM put the LQ9 6.0L in the Escalade and Silverado SS, vs. the LS2 in the Corvette or TBSS. They are similar engines, the LQ9 is more designed for trucks and the LS2 was designed for cars

GM is going to get rid of the 4.8 so the 4.3V6 will be the main base engine and they will offer it in more trim lines than the current V6 which is only in the WT. So they are just updating the current 4.3L with new tech and they are getting rid of how many engines.

Well the 3.6L has hauled my 5000+lb Enclave around for nearly 110,000 miles with no issues to speak of. Yes I know that's not a truck, but I believe with the right transmission and final drive, it could be up to the task. JMO of course.