Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tornador Cleaning tools

694doorbird

Question

Anybody hear/know about this product?

A company near me was at a car show last weekend. Said it does graet for cleaning interiors, blasting gunk out of the nooks and crannies. However, he didn't have an air compressor to demonstrate it.

Edited by Rich
competing products

8 answers to this question

I have done some research on them before. Seems to me like the cleaning process goes much faster with a tool like that. The only thing I would be worried about is getting the liquid cleaner into cracks and crevices it really shouldn't be in. Especially all the electronics in cars today.

Last edited by Rich; Today at 06:32 PM.. Reason: competing products

Rich,

I didn't think it was a competing product because as far as I know, Adam's doesn't sell something like this. It uses compressed air to clean interiors, where Adam has the Interior cleaner.

Luke,

The guy showing it to said he uses it mainly for door panels and carpets, so maybe no need to worry about electronics if one stays away from the dash.

They're interesting tools for sure... the requirement to have a good compressor to really make the most of it makes it something thats better suited for a detail shop environment, vs. the consumer level.

Also, unfortunately "Hecho in China" from the very early get go. Think I first saw these about 2 or 3 years ago now.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Reviving a thread... Yeah.

They sell a "black" edition that claims to produce high cleaning power with a small compressor.

Quoted...

"The Z-020 Tornador Black produces enormous power with a very small air compressor. All you need is a compressor with a discharge rate of at least 270 l per minute (9.55 cfm). This can be achieved using compressors with a reservoir of as little as 50 l capacity. Mobile detailers can now use the Tornador Black with a smaller, portable air compressor."

The regular tornador:

"The Tornador Car Cleaning Gun must be used with an air compressor capable of producing a constant air pressure of at least 60 psi......

For optimal performance, the z-010 Tornador Car Cleaning Gun works best with an air compressor that produces 5 CFM or more at 90 psi."

I'm interested. I doubt these are made in the USA... Still seems like a tool a serious detailer should embrace.

Curious if anyone here has pulled the trigger on one.

I got the Black one a few weeks ago. Loaded up with Adam's APC and it works great for the door jams and other small areas. I also used it on carpets with great results. The main reason I got one was not even detailing. I live in a newer development with tons of dust and my home windows get lots of buildup in the frames. Sure I've used a toothbrush and APC but the Tornador works quicker and blast all the cracks I can't get at. In this photo the right side has been cleaned with APC and Tornador

y8eme5u8.jpg

I have owned a Tornador for the past 5 years and it works well. It performs as advertised but you have to wear ear plugs because it loud. I do not it on a regular basis but when I need to clean out nooks and crannies (door jambs, dash vents, door panels, etc.) the Tornador is priceless.

Basically it is like a mini pressure washer for small areas...... A must have tool for your detailing arsenal.