Customer Service 866.965.0400

Fine machine polish balls

Green Machine

Question

Just wondering if the little claylike balls are from too much polish or too low of a speed on the flex or clogged pad????? Don't have a lot of experience. Used flex twice previously it didn't happened. Lastly would heat cause this? Hood on car might have been warm.

7 answers to this question

Good Morning,

With the Gen4 Pads, I am noticing the "balling" mainly when there is too much product in it. Remember, you can just hit the pad with some DS, if you still see some solids from the polish left in the pad itself.

Mook

I am not so sure that there is the wealth of info using Gen 4/Flex as there was with the PC as to how much polish to use on the pads. Maybe some of the experienced Flex guys can mention how much they put on the pad for the Flex versus say the "4 pee sized drops" for the PC.

I am not so sure that there is the wealth of info using Gen 4/Flex as there was with the PC as to how much polish to use on the pads. Maybe some of the experienced Flex guys can mention how much they put on the pad for the Flex versus say the "4 pee sized drops" for the PC.

Your initial pad load should be where you add most of your polish. I start with an "X" worth of polish, then continually check it to see if I need to prime the pad with DS, or add more polish. Of course, when I do end up adding more polish, it's in a different place than where I originally placed it onto the Gen4 Pad. It comes down to an eyeball vs how bad the panel is kind of thing.

Mook

Do the x thing like Mook does and it seems as I work it the balls come off the very ends. After one pass left to right then up and down so I get full coverage and totally work the product and use it to its fullest potential. To tell you the truth it seems like these pads like or try to walk also. Definately spray with detail spray if I am going to make a second pass with same amount of product on pad.