Customer Service 866.965.0400

2006 Toyota Corolla S Tires?

Vink70

Time is coming before winter to replace the womans tires. Usually when I order tires, its very easy, cut dry on what I need to put power to the ground. Her corolla on the other hand is a gas sipper that doesnt need sticky single season tires. Problems I am having is reading the reviews on tire rack from people, im guessing they either dont know how to drive, or expect them to last forever. One review says they lasted 80k miles, the next says they lasted 5K and wore terrible.

They are just a simple 195/65/15 I think. Car has 80k on it and just now coming time for another set of tires. Mainly looking at some all seasons since we do get some snow and my gut feeling says we will have snow that my truck wont even make it through but she needs something to get through some small snows. Not in her budget to go with a dedicated snow tire like i want to so all seasons it is. Dont care about road noise, she has a small stereo in the car to fix all that. Just want longevity and something that will wear even and not fall apart after 15k miles. Best case would be one that lasts 40K-60k if thats possible for that price range.

Any recommendations you guys have on FWD all seasons that will fit, Id love to hear it.

Hardest part would be budget under $400 shipped...

Wish I could help you out, Vincent, but I'm used to buying tires for an SS Camaro that gets driven just in the summer. Haven't had to replace the tires on my truck yet and just bought snow tires for it last year. Never had a FWD economical car that would need all-season tires.

I would look at all of the reviews for the tires in your price range and weigh your options.

Wish I could help you out, Vincent, but I'm used to buying tires for an SS Camaro that gets driven just in the summer. Haven't had to replace the tires on my truck yet and just bought snow tires for it last year. Never had a FWD economical car that would need all-season tires.

I would look at all of the reviews for the tires in your price range and weigh your options.

Thats just it. Ive never bought a "passenger" car tire. Its either been snow tires, truck tires, or tires for my cavy that need to be super sticky, extreme summer performance tires. Those are VERY easy and cut dry on which ones I want.

I tried going off the reviews but like i said there will be 4 good, and then 1 bad that just blows the 4 good out of the water. They are just all over the place so it makes it REALLY tough.

Prime example.... I put the tires on my big van... these tires suck in the winter.... did you ever think it was because you were putting them on a big van and your big van wont do well in snow regardless if you were on tracks?

Other ones like, these tires wander really bad when i do high speed lane changes or turn really fast.... dont drive like an idiot and they wont wander?

I will look into the Defenders and see. Never hurts to check. Thanks for the suggestion.

Heard any good about the Hankook OptimoH727? So far they are looking "better"

Edited by Vink70