Customer Service 866.965.0400

Lease on the Edge is coming up..

MAYBEN

Well, we have been talking with a couple different dealers including two of which I know people..

long story short, its tough to tell who's being honest.. we ended up signing a deal on Saturday and just today, I received an email with a pretty significant amount of savings.. being that we haven't picked up the new one yet, I can still back out, but I want to make sure it's not BS..

I'll post when I learn more..

yes, nothing is final until you sign your life away for it, and dealerships only do that once you take delivery.

take the one that feels right to you. :cheers:

Hmm so what did you get? If you're looking for size combined with gas mileage, I wouldn't get a Tahoe nor a Grand Cherokee. My wife has a newer Tahoe and she is averaging 15 mpg highway and city combined. Size is great, it has everything, but the gas mileage isn't great. Now for the Grand Cherokee, I have an srt so obviously mpg's are terrible. The 5.7l realistically get less than 18 mpg's and the 3.6l still only get around 20 mpg's. The 3.6l have had numerous transmission issuses and it can't handle the power of the engine.if you're wanting a Chrysler, you have to be willing to fight for warranty work as they don't give it away. My dealers are brutal.

Well here is a twist..

I spoke to the dealer with the lesser amount and confirmed his numbers, got him to send me the Monroney sticker to make sure we were talking the same options since he had to get the vehicle from somewhere else.. his numbers seem to be legit, when I got home from work, I tried calling the other dealer and the rep I dealt with has the day off.. I'll call him in the morning..

the net savings to me is $880 for the same exact vehicle..

Now what do I do? Do I just cancel the other or if he offers to match, take it?

The dealer we signed with Saturday is close by and where we leased the Edge.. The other one is about 30 minutes or so away, however, I was referred there by my brother-in-law as he knows the manager.. hmm...

Will you be financing through your local bank/credit union or through the dealer? If you're saving $880 for a 30 min drive, 30 mins is nothing in the grand scheme of things sure its only $10-20/ month, but that adds up. If you haven't already completed financing though the dealer, I'd say you're finance locally...then ask for a purchase order from both dealers to take to your loan officer (but in reality you're not taking a purchase order locally to a bank). Then take the purchase order from the lower cost dealer to the higher priced one and have them make you an offer. Make them Compete for your business!

In my opinion your brother-in-law shouldn't be offended as I doubt he receiving any type of compensation from this, even if he were, it would be morally presumptuous of him! Hope you are able to understand my babble. Drinking and writing are not my best qualities...especially when combined

what exactly did you sign? usually once you sign for a car they want you to get it off there lot so the next one can come in. did you leave any kind of deposit?

i don't think you've done anything wrong; simply call the 1st dealer and tell them about the $880 the other dealer is offering for the same car. they'll either work with you or they won't, but don't let them con you into feeling bad about it because you already signed something with them.

are you still in possession of the leased car?

Will you be financing through your local bank/credit union or through the dealer? If you're saving $880 for a 30 min drive, 30 mins is nothing in the grand scheme of things sure its only $10-20/ month, but that adds up. If you haven't already completed financing though the dealer, I'd say you're finance locally...then ask for a purchase order from both dealers to take to your loan officer (but in reality you're not taking a purchase order locally to a bank). Then take the purchase order from the lower cost dealer to the higher priced one and have them make you an offer. Make them Compete for your business!

In my opinion your brother-in-law shouldn't be offended as I doubt he receiving any type of compensation from this, even if he were, it would be morally presumptuous of him! Hope you are able to understand my babble. Drinking and writing are not my best qualities...especially when combined

It's a lease..

what exactly did you sign? usually once you sign for a car they want you to get it off there lot so the next one can come in. did you leave any kind of deposit?

i don't think you've done anything wrong; simply call the 1st dealer and tell them about the $880 the other dealer is offering for the same car. they'll either work with you or they won't, but don't let them con you into feeling bad about it because you already signed something with them.

are you still in possession of the leased car?

I spoke with the other dealer today and he was very short with me and told me to buy from the other place.. barely let me get out a sentence and told me I could come and get my deposit back..

tomorrow morning I'm supposed to firm it up (sign the buyers order and give deposit) for the $880 less dealer, and then they'll locate/pick one up as we wanted very specific options and colors..

I just ordered 4 new summer tires for mine today... I feel your pain! This is my first new set since new though. I do use Blizzaks during the winter though.

Did I post the coupon on here? It was to pay 1 dollar over cost on Firestone or Bridgestone tires.

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...