Customer Service 866.965.0400

New wanna be detailer checking in

txranger22

Hi friends, Walker here from Maryland. I've always found washing my cars to be therapeutic and have received compliments on how I keep my vehicle, but now I would like some help with turning up the WOW factor!

Outside of lathering on the Turtle Wax, I have no experience with polishes, glaze, sealants...etc, but I did watch every one of Adam's videos. Now I'm hooked!

One early question I have for everyone is probably an easy one and something I'm sure you're asked often. I bought a brand new Honda Accord two weeks ago. First, I've heard that you have to wait atleast six months before polishing/waxing any new car...Is that true?

Secondly, I've read that Honda/Acura has a very soft paint, should I avoid any particular products with a PC?

Thank you in advance and I'm happy to be here!

Edited by txranger22
Add pic

Welcome, Walker. No it is not true that you have to wait 6 months to polish, wax, etc. with a new car. You can do it tomorrow if you would like. The only time you would have to wait is if you had new paint from some body work for example. Your car has had plenty of time for the paint to cure since leaving the factory.

In regards to Honda paint being soft, I was told by the dealer here where I picked up a CRV back in September that the clear is considered hard. I would have to agree after seeing the rock bounce of my roof the other day while driving down the highway. I just cringed when I saw it coming and looked for damage at my next stop. There really wasn't anything there. And anything like that would stick out like a sore thumb to me.

Great post title Walker! If getting therapy by washing and detailing your cars makes you a, "wanna be," you are in good company here!

Turtle Wax is actually doing a good job on their products over the past few years, but you have room to bump it up a bit.:)

Hope to earn your business, and sorry if I bored you to sleep in the videos!

:2thumbs:

Welcome!

No need to wait unless you paid for some "dealer magic" coating they offer. IF you did, make sure you read up on all the specifics of that, as not to void their special coating warranty.

Honda paints cleans up really easy with Adam's Premium Car Care Products.

Check out this CR-V that JD_SS and I knocked out.

Honda CRV Detail