Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best car museum?

Marylander

Like the title says... what's the most impressive car museum you've ever been to?

The most amazing one I ever saw was the endless Harrah's collection back in the 80s before it was all sold off. It was literally thousands of cars, bikes, and whatnot in dozens of warehouses on the outskirts of Reno. I was only about 12 at the time so I didn't really appreciate it, but one of the cool things there was a Jeep SUV (Wagoneer, if I recall correctly) with a Ferrari v12 in it.

Next on my list is the Mercedes-Benz museum in Stuttgart. It's not only MB's entire history (which in itself is a history of the automobile), but also a look at the culture of the auto and transportation system throughout the past 120 years. Really worth going to if you're ever in Germany. :2thumbs:

There is the Crawford museum here in Cleveland, but I haven't been there in years, so I couldn't tell you what it is like now. About 20 or so years ago, I was at someone's house (name not provided to protect the innocent?) we'll call hom Roger (ok, that was his name) and he had an impressive collection including a 1910 Silver Ghost (not many known to exist) that was unbelievable.

Auburn Cord Deusenberg Museum in Auburn, Indiana. I get chills thinking about it. It was an honor to be able to also detail a Packard there with Justin Ege and Greg Mirich. There are a few threads around here worth looking at about it!

Mook