Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waterless Wash Effect on Wax

TR6speed

Question

My car is not a daily driver and is garage kept and therefore it does not get real dirty. As long as it has only been out for short trips, not in the rain or on dirt roads, I find that the Waterless Wash does a fine job. I sometimes only do a full wash and dry once a month.

So my question is, does the Waterless Wash remove the Americana?

5 answers to this question

My car is not a daily driver and is garage kept and therefore it does not get real dirty. As long as it has only been out for short trips, not in the rain or on dirt roads, I find that the Waterless Wash does a fine job. I sometimes only do a full wash and dry once a month.

So my question is, does the Waterless Wash remove the Americana?

Nope. WW is a strict, mild cleaner. Nothing in there to degrade protection.

The biggest enemies you have killing the protection is open air, and all that goes with it. Even if it's inside, the wax is still dying from the time you lay it.

:2thumbs:

Thanks to both of you. Mook, I do wax the car regularly so that is not a real issue, but I was wondering if maybe I would need to do it more often.

Chris, I do about the same as you, except it sounds like I wash mine a little more often. The reason is to keep the brake dust off the wheels and I know I clean them when I do a waterless wash, but I just like to really get in there and use the power stick and also clean inside the wheel wells with soap and water.

I use waterless or "drywash" on many clients vehicles and sometimes find it harder to use on top of quality waxes. I have a client with an Audi, Hummer, Escalade, RatRod, 40's truck, tour bus, black trailer, and a couple of bikes - topped a few of his toys off with Collinite and have a hard time using waterless :/ - due to the beading and lack of ability to wipe clean after a few wipe with the MF. Wish I hadn't waxed them!