Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sidekick Leak?

scociny

Question

I have had my sidekick for a little while now...used it twice. I have to say it is a great little tool. The first time I turned it on, I could not believe how much air it moves! Drying the wheels and tires is now fun!

I have a quick question for other sidekick owners. While I was using it, I noticed there was a lot of airflow around the body where the upper and lower halves are screwed together. I am not sure if that is normal, or the screws need to be tightened...or if I have a defective unit.

Again...awesome product, I just want to make sure mine is performing 100% as it was intended.

7 answers to this question

I remember Dylan commenting on someone's thread a while back about this. Someone had taped up the sides to keep the air in. Dylan said it does need that airflow out like that to cool the motor I believe. Now I don't know how much air you are talking about but I know mine has some small areas where it lets air out to cool itself down.

Correct... the housing is designed NOT to be sealed perfectly. The excess air coming out of the seam around the top is to help keep the motor from overheating.

Is this the same for the mini vac n' blow as well?

Sounds good. Thanks for all the help.

I can't stress enough what a great product this is. If you are on the fence about it...I would just pull the trigger. This thing is crucial to drying all the cracks, crevices, door jambs, tires, wheels, etc. It is very powerful...it even blew off one of the rubber gaskets under my hood!

Thanks again for the help.