Customer Service 866.965.0400

The C7 Corvette Reveal LIVE

Team Adam's

From certain angles, I like it. From others, it's appalling. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was that it was the love child of a Lotus and a Viper. It has styling cues from quite a few vehicles, IMHO. I will it to them on the interior, it looks like they have definitely put some thought and effort into improving the form, fit, and finish inside. I don't know...maybe it will grow on me once they hit the streets.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL... Harlan is a great guy. Got to have dinner with him at SEMA a year ago and talk all things Corvette, even shared a cab back to the hotel. The guy knows his stuff and is very down to earth.

Don't get me wrong. It's 100% awesome. All he needs is a red bandana tied across his forehead and he's Rambo... Love it.

I think it's absolutely hideous. I don't like older Corvettes and it looks like I won't like new ones either. I'll stick with the C6 and ZR1 now being the only vettes I like in history.

I don't think the highest, big pappa daddy should be taking looks from the child.

The Camaro should take features of the Vette, the Vette should not be taking features of the Camaro. They are doing it backwards.

Not only that but it just looks like a child from the orgy of a Ferrari, Corvette, Viper, and Camaro. Pick your own look and stop trying to mimic others. That is what stands out.

The whole back end looks hideous. I would not drive this thing. ZR1 still best Corvette ever made hands down.

I think it's absolutely hideous. I don't like older Corvettes and it looks like I won't like new ones either. I'll stick with the C6 and ZR1 now being the only vettes I like in history.

I don't think the highest, big pappa daddy should be taking looks from the child.

The Camaro should take features of the Vette, the Vette should not be taking features of the Camaro. They are doing it backwards.

Not only that but it just looks like a child from the orgy of a Ferrari, Corvette, Viper, and Camaro. Pick your own look and stop trying to mimic others. That is what stands out.

The whole back end looks hideous. I would not drive this thing. ZR1 still best Corvette ever made hands down.

lol Tell us how you really feel

Also I wouldn't be surprised if GM isn't underrating these engines. I mean a direct injected 6.2L, I would bet we will be seeing these dynoing in the 420-430 range at the wheels stock.

Keep in mind they've gotta keep some stuff tabled for later... if the base car maximizes the engine theres no need for the bigger badder model.

Also, GM has ALWAYS been very good (if not the best) at making sure the aftermarket can carve out a niche to support their cars. Tuners, customizers, and aftermarket parts makers will be able to squeeze tons more power out I'm sure.

Keep in mind they've gotta keep some stuff tabled for later... if the base car maximizes the engine theres no need for the bigger badder model.

Also, GM has ALWAYS been very good (if not the best) at making sure the aftermarket can carve out a niche to support their cars. Tuners, customizers, and aftermarket parts makers will be able to squeeze tons more power out I'm sure.

Oh I agree, I'm going to just throw it out there that we will probably be seeing the z06 or zr1 using the 5.5L engine that the c6r has been running for a few years now. Maybe in a Twin Turbo setup or something

Spinelli does not disappoint!

I don't dislike the new Corvette, but I'm not in love with the looks. It's already growing on me, and I hope I'll like it more in person. My biggest complaint is the rear end: I don't like the angular tail lights, though I can see how they fit with the overall design. However, the round exhaust outlets are now out of place visually. A single or dual trapezoidal outlet would flow better. I don't mind the Ferrari/Viper/etc influence, but all the vents seem a bit overdone even if they are functional. I'd have to get it in black to disguise all the openings. Again, I'm not saying it's unattractive, just a little busy for my taste. I do like the interior so far. And the spec sheet gets two of these:thumbsup:, and I figure the engine is underrated as others have said. It should be a fantastic performer, especially in Z51 trim.

I hope it sells well so I can finally afford a clean C6 Z06.:rockon:

• 2 weeks later...