Customer Service 866.965.0400

Confused Noobie

myb5blue

Question

Ok I'm a little lost on what to use and when on some of the products:

In the engine bay, I'm good with Super VRT and In and Out spray, but what should I use on my Stainless Steel braided lines and powdercoated connectors, caps, etc (I have a bunch of BT powdercoated pieces being installed in a few weeks)? Also what should I use on the brushed aluminum CAI tube? I'm guessing just detailer spray and Brilliant Glaze?

After washing and stripping the wax, clay barring, swirl remover and revive, what next, Quick Sealant, Brilliant Glaze and then the Americana in that order?

The wheels are forged aluminum and appear, to me, to be clearcoated. so I assume the same for them - sealant, glaze, americana?

The OEM 'carbon fiber' hood stripes - just SVRT or SVRT, Sealant, Glaze and Americana?

I gather for the exhaust tips, simply clean with APC and then Brilliant Gaze or Sealant and then Glaze?

Sorry for the dumb ?? but I just want to make sure I have the steps right before I start in the next few weeks. This will be hand polished. I could use the workout!:D

5 answers to this question

Also what should I use on the brushed aluminum CAI tube? I'm guessing just detailer spray and Brilliant Glaze?

That should work.

After washing and stripping the wax, clay barring, swirl remover and revive, what next, Quick Sealant, Brilliant Glaze and then the Americana in that order?

Corrrect

The wheels are forged aluminum and appear, to me, to be clearcoated. so I assume the same for them - sealant, glaze, americana?

Yes, though the BG and Americana will not last too long with the heat generated by the brakes.

The OEM 'carbon fiber' hood stripes - just SVRT or SVRT, Sealant, Glaze and Americana?

Guessing they are vinyl - check out this thread: http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/general-detailing-discussion-questions/12124.htm

I gather for the exhaust tips, simply clean with APC and then Brilliant Gaze or Sealant and then Glaze?

You got it.

On the wheels clean with green wheel cleaner if not really dirty or Deep wheel cleaner for stained or iron deposits from brake dust on there. I would then go with revive and then the quick sealant on the wheels.stripes if vinyl you can use the glaze but I use only SVRT.

After you clean your dirt wheels with APC, green wheel cleaner, or deep wheel cleaner, seal your wheels with the quick sealant.

Once your wheels are sealed with quick sealant, use car shampoo and water in a spray bottle. Much cheaper on your wallet and it keeps the sealant going rather than taking it off like APC would :)

On the exhaust tips, just use quick sealant. You could use glaze, but that's a waste of product imo.