Customer Service 866.965.0400

Buying suggestion

EPHIOS

Question

My local Adams dealer is having a sale on all their products. This include the Americana Mini which I purchased (including tax) for $31. I wanted to take advantage of this sale, and purchase another jar of Americana Mini. However, I read an article, written by Dylan about "sometimes in not a good idea to buy more than what you need" (I just summarized it). What do you guys think? Honestly, it's very tempting, especially when you love the way your car looked after using this product.

Edited by EPHIOS

10 answers to this question

I have a mini, I've used it about 5 times over entire cars, and it's hardly taken a dent. I think you should save the money for when you need it :) Like any quality wax, a little of Americana goes a LONG way.

Honestly, what I was thinking was, when I buy a second jar of the Americana Mini, then it would be equivalent to the larger jar that Adams sell (maybe a little bit more), but yet I will be saving money.

However, I definately get what you are saying and Dylan's article. It's so hard to make a decision. LOL. :help:

all products have a shelf life, especially the chemicals. IIRC, they said at one point in time the chemical products will last about 2 years at room temp. the wax will last longer if you store it in the fridge. that being said, don't buy more than you need. sales are never once in a lifetime, unless they're going for 20-25% off here, which i've never seen.

good read: http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/general-detailing-discussion-questions/15978.htm

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

all products have a shelf life, especially the chemicals. IIRC, they said at one point in time the chemical products will last about 2 years at room temp. the wax will last longer if you store it in the fridge. that being said, don't buy more than you need. sales are never once in a lifetime, unless they're going for 20-25% here, which i've never seen.

good read: http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/general-detailing-discussion-questions/15978.htm

Thanks!

The local dealer is actually selling the Americana Mini for $34.95 plus 20% off.

I always think of my wife when questions like this come up... heres a little anecdotal story that helps explain my thoughts on buying more product than you might need in a reasonable time frame:

My wife and I headed out for a 'date night' a few years back to see a movie. The theater was REALLY crowded and the concession lines were really long so we opted to skip the snack bar and head to the theater and get good seats.

After sitting in the theater for a few minutes my wife says - "Ya know... I do kind of want something to drink. Do you want anything?" I offered to go, but since the theater was packed and we'd probably have to fend off people trying to take the other seat she wanted me to stay and give people the
this-seat-is-taken-stare
. Given my wife is very nice and a bit shy so my bearded and somewhat brash self does make for a better seat holder.

I asked her to get me a bottle of water and the smallest popcorn they had since I wasn't very hungry. So she went to the snack bar while I put my best scowl on to scare away theater seat stealers.

When I saw her come back out of the tunnel she had the most massive diet coke I'd ever seen, what could only be described as a trashcan sized bucket of popcorn, and my bottle of water. When she made it to the seat I said "I thought I asked for the small popcorn?" to which she replied "Well, you did. But getting the Extra large drink and jumbo popcorn was only $1.25 more."

I just kind of stared at her blankly... "So?"

She returned the look and said "You get so much more and it was only a little over a dollar more!" She seemed pretty pleased with herself for scoring such an amazing deal on enough popcorn to end hunger in a 3rd world country.

In my most patient and kind voice I said "Honey, what good is 15 gallons of popcorn, if I'm only going to eat a little bit? I get that its a deal, but a deal on something you aren't going to use is a waste."

The point is... a deal is great... but only if you are going to use it in a reasonable timeframe. If you think you're going to go thru what you have already and will need a replacement sooner rather than later definitely jump on the deal. But if its going to take you a long time to burn thru what you have, a deal on a tub that will sit for years is just a waste. What if a new product comes out that you want? Then you're sitting on back inventory of an outmoded product.

See where I'm going?

I always think of my wife when questions like this come up... heres a little anecdotal story that helps explain my thoughts on buying more product than you might need in a reasonable time frame:

My wife and I headed out for a 'date night' a few years back to see a movie. The theater was REALLY crowded and the concession lines were really long so we opted to skip the snack bar and head to the theater and get good seats.

After sitting in the theater for a few minutes my wife says - "Ya know... I do kind of want something to drink. Do you want anything?" I offered to go, but since the theater was packed and we'd probably have to fend off people trying to take the other seat she wanted me to stay and give people the
this-seat-is-taken-stare
. Given my wife is very nice and a bit shy so my bearded and somewhat brash self does make for a better seat holder.

I asked her to get me a bottle of water and the smallest popcorn they had since I wasn't very hungry. So she went to the snack bar while I put my best scowl on to scare away theater seat stealers.

When I saw her come back out of the tunnel she had the most massive diet coke I'd ever seen, what could only be described as a trashcan sized bucket of popcorn, and my bottle of water. When she made it to the seat I said "I thought I asked for the small popcorn?" to which she replied "Well, you did. But getting the Extra large drink and jumbo popcorn was only $1.25 more."

I just kind of stared at her blankly... "So?"

She returned the look and said "You get so much more and it was only a little over a dollar more!" She seemed pretty pleased with herself for scoring such an amazing deal on enough popcorn to end hunger in a 3rd world country.

In my most patient and kind voice I said "Honey, what good is 15 gallons of popcorn, if I'm only going to eat a little bit? I get that its a deal, but a deal on something you aren't going to use is a waste."

The point is... a deal is great... but only if you are going to use it in a reasonable timeframe. If you think you're going to go thru what you have already and will need a replacement sooner rather than later definitely jump on the deal. But if its going to take you a long time to burn thru what you have, a deal on a tub that will sit for years is just a waste. What if a new product comes out that you want? Then you're sitting on back inventory of an outmoded product.

See where I'm going?

Thanks! Made my decision. Be happy to what I have and do not buy more than I need too.