Customer Service 866.965.0400

question regarding DWC/Iron X

JHL88

Question

so i know ive seen a few youtube videos of people using iron x all over the paint of their vehicles to decon particles and such. Has anyone done this using DWC? im assuming that these 2 products are in the same category from how it works. i know on the description it says DWC can be used on spots but what about spraying down a whole car? im thinking about doing this next time i detail my truck after washing but before claying.

6 answers to this question

Yes, it can be used on clear coat to remove iron particles. It works dang well too.. I recommend using it out of direct sunlight, and re-wash after using it. You should actually use it after claying though. This won't remove enough by itself to bybass using a clay bar. But even after a clay bar it will remove some iron left in the paint. Great stuff this DWC.

Yes, it can be used on clear coat to remove iron particles. It works dang well too.. I recommend using it out of direct sunlight, and re-wash after using it. You should actually use it after claying though. This won't remove enough by itself to bybass using a clay bar. But even after a clay bar it will remove some iron left in the paint. Great stuff this DWC.

Not to say that your process is in-correct Ryan but I use IX/DWC prior to claying because to me its a benefit to chemically dissolve and remove any iron particles first.

When removing the iron particles embedded on and in the paint first,I remove the potential to trap them onto my clay bar and this should prevent having them rubbed over the paint where they could instill scratches.

It's a product to help solve a potential scratching from claying issue.

Just my opinion ;)

Edited by Moz