Customer Service 866.965.0400

Newish year newish job=New Truck

ExpressThis13

Guest Gone & Forgotten

We have the same taste. Just got my JBP QCab last Sunday. I went for the Big horn tho. Had to have full center console. Just de-badged it today (Friday) and ripped the black vinyl off the B Pillars. Took video. Will upload tomorrow. May make a thread if my vid makes the grade.

I can't stand myself on film unless I'm playing guitar on stage. Then I'm a rock star. Haha.

Congrats on the Job and the ride.

Edit. Lol. Same taste... I traded a 2012 Silverado ext cab for the Ram. Haha.

post-2090-136818099799_thumb.jpg

Edited by KicktoTheJunk

Guest Gone & Forgotten
Love that deep blue color! What do you like better about the Ram compared to the Silverado?

I'll tell ya what I like better.... Not to hijack the thread.... I traded my 2012 Silverado WT for the 2013 Ram 1500 QC Big Horn.

Silverado = V6

Silverado = work truck, I.e. no frills. No power locks, no power windows, extended cab has suicide rear door... So ya open front to open rear....

Vinyl interior....

I love the look of the Ram, the price for a nicely optioned Ram vs. a Silverado 1LT or 2LT or LTZ was way lower in my experience. (Ram offering huge incentives right now).

Ram is rolling out the much anticipated 8sp. Automatic with the Hemi's now. People are loving them. (Have same in the chrysler 300).

2013 adds a few refinements as well. The 8.4a or 8.4n is a nice upgrade for the entertainment system. Be forewarned, if you want a CD player... It's externally placed away from the touch screen and $195 extra.

The MDS (multidisplacement system?) is like Eco boost or whatever and cuts the engine to a 4 cylinder when at highway cruise speed or at a light/idle. Some hate it, some think it helps milage. I don't have mine past break in yet.. (Under 100 miles still) so... My milage isn't where it will be... Rumor has it... Milage will adjust as you break it in. Dealer topped off the tank... With 87. Dumb.... Since 89 recommended. That effects milage too.

You can disable the MDS (or get around it) by kicking the shifter over to 6 and bypassing the MDS. This gives you (allegedly) more responsive power when you want it.

Sorry to butt into his thread... Offering another perspective.

So far, I love the truck. Just wish it wasn't loaded with water scale and swirl damage.

Eco-Boost and MDS aren't even close to the same. DOD and MDS are the same. Eco-Boost is Fords turbo technology.

I ordered the RAM due to the looks, tech, and power. IMO, it's the best truck for me right now.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

Guest Gone & Forgotten
Eco-Boost and MDS aren't even close to the same. DOD and MDS are the same. Eco-Boost is Fords turbo technology.

I ordered the RAM due to the looks, tech, and power. IMO, it's the best truck for me right now.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

My bad.

Took the vinyl off the B pillars and debadged it.

post-2090-136818099988_thumb.jpg

Edited by KicktoTheJunk

Looks great! I really like that color. I see you're in the QC just by seeing 74 bridge.

I believe his parents live really close to you! I've met Eric. Is it odd that we're all three on here, live in the QCA, and have or want a RAM? I think so!

Anyway... Eric, I still have that muffler! ;)

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...