Customer Service 866.965.0400

How do you promote?

ChargerMatt

Question

17 answers to this question

I am playing with a new tactic this year. I find events on facebook from local car groups and enthusiest. Then I bring my camera and take some very sweet photos. I post those on my company fb page and link the album on the event groups page. It gets traffic to my fb page and website. I can't track a sale to doing this yet but it gets me great exposure and my name gets out there. The key is to have something of value like great photos for the event attendees to look at and go to my page. I have gotten more "likes" this way than all the likes I have essentially paid for with ads.

I also hand out as many business cards as I can at the events as well. I leave them on my car (which MUST be detailed to the 9's) at the show.

I also keep my page active and have taken a few lessons from George Takie. Funny posts with pictures are more engaging than other media. I mix up detailing, with cool car-related stuff, and funny car-related pictures.

Here is my page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/High-Point-Detailing/175767042509511

A lesson I learned from Adam is that if you are not detailing you have to be marketing. If I don't have a detail I walk the local mall parking lots with business cards. I write a personal note on the back about thier car and leave it on the driver's door window.

and have a great website with your SEO stuff set up correctly. I get calls from web searches often. Yelp is a big asset as well.

I am looking forward to what other have to say as well. Always looking for new tips.

I get business cards made by the hundreds and when i go out i leave them on nicer cars or ones that are clean. The ones that call me back and.its easy to tell are the ones that use tire shine. They care haha also facebook and craigslist. I tell people to share my page and ads, and if people come i offer the people that refer them free washes and interior vacuums.

If you're a business and you're NOT on Social Media today, you're NUTS! The younger gen is on it like MAD and it's a HAVE TO now IMO.

I would suggest linkedin too.

Car forums and meets bring a lot of business. Business cards are also a good way to get the word out. After I detail someone’s car I usually give them few business cards in case anyone asks them where they got their car detailed.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I treat every client like they are my only client.

My work sells itself at that point.

Word of mouth.

I treat every client like they are my only client.

My work sells itself at that point.

Word of mouth.

This is the only way I work. I do zero promotion, other than folks seeing my work. I do post my work on some forums though, and do get some business from that.

Was in my marketing class the other day and talking with a friend who works in the field of marketing and one thing that we came up with was your business name and number on an air freshener (Adams needs to make these in DS, LC, and a few others IMO). That way when you finish a car you can hang one in the car and they get a constant reminder as well as advertise to their passengers. Another good idea would be to get your business or whatever you use as a logo or name printed and cut on vinyl that way when you finish a car and get a customers approval you can put one on their rear side or back window. How do you all go about making your FB pages?... It has been something i've been meaning to do but with finals and graduation have not had time.

Not sure how to go about it but I have picked up three cars this week and I'm not trying.

Word of mouth goes a long way when you do great work.

I start on a Civic tomorrow, white

Then Maxima. Black

and a BMW. Red

I can only do one per weekend though.

You do one car, they tell 5 people, and so on.

Kevin

Was in my marketing class the other day and talking with a friend who works in the field of marketing and one thing that we came up with was your business name and number on an air freshener (Adams needs to make these in DS, LC, and a few others IMO). That way when you finish a car you can hang one in the car and they get a constant reminder as well as advertise to their passengers. Another good idea would be to get your business or whatever you use as a logo or name printed and cut on vinyl that way when you finish a car and get a customers approval you can put one on their rear side or back window. How do you all go about making your FB pages?... It has been something i've been meaning to do but with finals and graduation have not had time.

Awesome idea. Exactly something I was looking for.

Hopefully he doesn't mind me using this since I'm not taking any of your market share :)

Awesome idea. Exactly something I was looking for.

Hopefully he doesn't mind me using this since I'm not taking any of your market share :)

Not at all go ahead anything to help out a fellow Adam's enthusiast :2thumbs: