Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam guns and car washes

Bootstrap

Question

I have to take my truck to a real car wash to wash her for a number of reasons including hard water, low pressure, and a gravel driveway.

I was watching junkmans videos where he says a foam gun is the best tool for a 2 bucket wash.

I currently rinse off the truck, high pressure and get all the dirt off that I can. So my real question is, because I'm at a car wash and done have a garden hose, what is best to lube the paint?

Carwash soap from the wand?

Carwash presoak?

Or could I put a soapy mixture into a garden sprayer which works by pump action?

Then proceed with my 2 buckets wash

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

5 answers to this question

Using adams car shampoo filled into a bucket before you leave the house and then drizzle some on the actual wash mitt/pad and suds it up really well.

Coin-op soap is HORRIBLE LSP removing stuff... Less is more!!

Using adams car shampoo filled into a bucket before you leave the house and then drizzle some on the actual wash mitt/pad and suds it up really well.

Coin-op soap is HORRIBLE LSP removing stuff... Less is more!!

I do that yes, i meant applying soap before letting a mitt hit the truck

I would only use the pressure washer and not the soap for reasons mentioned above. Honestly, just blast your car with pressure water alone and then move to the 2 bucket wash. No need to foam if you have that high of a pressure washer like the coin ops do.

I would only use the pressure washer and not the soap for reasons mentioned above. Honestly, just blast your car with pressure water alone and then move to the 2 bucket wash. No need to foam if you have that high of a pressure washer like the coin ops do.

Great! Thanks for your input

That is how I do it when the car wash is not out of order. I put now Adams soap in a bucket with a wash mitt to the car wash. I use the soap but will now probably just use water to get the main big dirt off. wash with the buckets rinse spray it down with detailer wipe dry get dirty and repeat.