Customer Service 866.965.0400

IPA between polish and sealant

Black out - Anthony

Question

9 answers to this question

Yes sir, you should absolutely do a wipe down of IPA at that stage or at least Adams Revive Polish as it also has paint cleansing properties.

This will help remove all the polish residues left on the paint to insure the sealant is being properly applied directly to the bare paint with nothing interfering in between like possible residues.

Just a friendly reminder to lay down the MSS evenly and wait about 30 minutes before you wipe away. From there wait at least 12-24 hours before applying anything else on top of the sealant to allow it to fully cure to the paint.

Once that's completed then you can lay down whatever you want next such as BG and then APW or Buttery Wax for the ultimate shine.

Wow, I would have given different advice so hopefully Dylan and others will chime in. The instructions on the bottle (and prior Junkman videos) state that you can go directly from fmp to mss. That's the way I've been doing it and I get fantastic longevity with the mss.

Yes you should IMO. There are two important reasons for stripping the panel of any residues or oils before applying sealant: 1) to confirm you removed all defects, and 2) to give the sealant a bare surface to adhere to. It's not an absolute must but if your trying to make sure you get the most out of your detail and products, it's a good idea.