Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question about SVRT

CMDChase

Question

I was detailing a 2003 Trailblazer this weekend. When I went to apply SVRT to the luggage rack rails, the SVRT seemed to just evaporate. Not on the entire rail, but a good portion of it. It was a new bottle, I shook it well before each application and it worked well on other parts of the trim. I've used it before on other vehicle's rails with no problem. I finally used In and Out Spray which took care of them. Any ideas what may have happened? Thanks in advance.

5 answers to this question

I'm guessing it was absorbed!!! Many times plastic, rubber and vinyl can dry out so much that it absorbs the SVRT. When you topped it with I&O it had probably absorbed all it could so then it looked good.

This is what I've seen in the past on my vehicles. I just keep topping with SVRT until I get the desired results.

Ed, how many applications did you try?

Very likely that this particular trim may have never been treated, and was likely absorbing it as Chewy mentioned.

I tried 2 applications. I can tell you for sure that this trim was never treated. Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it.

Yep I'm going with Absorbed. I usually don't use much SVRT in the winter on my tires and once I start using it again it takes 3-4 coats before it actually starts to look good just because it's so dried out from all the salt and stuff.

Also, different materials respond differently to SVRT. It takes varying amounts of product for my tires, wiper cowl, bumper trim, etc. Proper application just takes trial and error, and of course it varies depending on the previous application and exposure.