Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help with wheel care

fisherman

Question

4 answers to this question

Welcome Ted,

The metal polish #1 and #2 will clean them, but they will not do anything as far as the pitting goes.

MP#1 and MP#2 are both designed to use a chemical cut, not an abrasive cut. They are not abrasive at all... They are awesome for removing haze and slight oxidation. They will polish maintained metal to a mirror finish.

But corrosion takes something a lot stronger.

As was stated above, Metal Polish #1 & 2 will bring your wheels back to a brilliant shine. The pitting is dependent on how deep and bad it is, if it is extremely mild and shallow, it may be reduced on a small scale by the polish, but it is hard to tell how much, or if at all. :( Best of luck, and please post some before/after pictures, as well as your thoughts on how well the polishes worked, ect.

On heavily corroded / pitted surfaces I have used another product with very good results, followed up by Adam's Metal polish 1 & 2 to really bring out the shine. Not exactly sure if it's proper to post the name, but comes in a tube sort of like toothpaste, and you'll wear your fingers to the nub polishing.

Once you get them right Adam's should maintain the finish with very little effort.

Okay, here's a tip I learned from restoring an old Harley Davidson. I wasn't having much luck with the rear rim, so I kind of threw my hands up in disgust and told the wife I needed a new rim. She properly showed me how to restore the rim, but then my fingers were too big to get between the spokes like she was, so (dear that she is) she did the rim for me. Um, so far that has only worked once though, so choose carefully.

Bruce

Edited by b_pappy