Customer Service 866.965.0400

Go Pro 3 Black vs Go Pro 3 Silver?

MichiganSRT8

Hey guys, in the market for a new go pro camera as I have wanted one since they came out. As like everyone I am working on a budget, I have been looking at both the black and silver edition and I feel the $100 difference on average isn't quite justified for what I'll be using it for. Mostly videos on my car and others on my jet ski, so I'm thinking the silver might do just fine, not looking for completely professional videos. Anybody have any experience or have anywhere they could recommend to get a deal from? (had a person drop out on me when I had a deal and I got lied to). Let me know guys, cant wait to get one of my own finally. Thanks!

The black 3 is incredible . The silver is very comparable to the hero 2. The hero 2 is great quality but once you shoot with the black 3, you notice it. As much as it is nice to have the black 3 , if you're on a budget the silver will do great. The biggest difference is the black comes with the wifi remote for wireless control and has better optics. The silver does have wifi built in and can be controlled with your smartphone with the gopro app.

Either way, you'll never run out of ideas on where to put it and you'll get wicked shots every time. :thumbsup:

The black 3 is incredible . The silver is very comparable to the hero 2. The hero 2 is great quality but once you shoot with the black 3, you notice it. As much as it is nice to have the black 3 , if you're on a budget the silver will do great. The biggest difference is the black comes with the wifi remote for wireless control and has better optics. The silver does have wifi built in and can be controlled with your smartphone with the gopro app.

Either way, you'll never run out of ideas on where to put it and you'll get wicked shots every time. :thumbsup:

I had a 2 and sold it to upgrade to the 3 black. Everything he said is accurate.

I got a black for Christmas and we got a silver for my father in law. We have both had to send them back for software failure. Which they have sent him a new one and they are doing something with mine but I don't know yet just sent it off. The black with the low light is awesome, and you have 12 mega pixel over 11. More frame rates and higher definition. If you are going to do any slow motion or night time filming go with the black.

Thanks for all the replies guys! trust me I have been over on reviews checking what people said but most people turn it into a bash silver and black rules all fight. From what people have said here as well seems to be silver would be just fine for me as I am not looking to make like professional videos, maybe down the line but what I have heard the silver does just fine with proper editing software. Plus that extra 100 saved will be good to go towards the jeep in other "fast" ways :D, if you catch my drift. I think the more cool thing with these go pros is not really all the quality video but all the places you can mount it and the crazy aspects you can shoot from, thats a big reason I want it.