Customer Service 866.965.0400

Review: Adam's Total Interior Detailer

egott_91

Question

If you don't want to read the entire thread I'll start by saying this:

If you are looking for a product that doesn't leave you interior looking greasy or shiny, but clean, crisp, and matte, this is the product for you.

Like every other Adam's fan, I was excited to see the new product released and was excited to give it a try. I was originally not going to purchase this product as I have had success w/ just cleaning the interior w/ waterless wash. However, a friend of mine asked if I wanted to split a gallon, so I said, sure, why not. So, here are some pictures (poor lighting, sorry) and my writeup of the product.

A little background...The interior of my Colorado has not been cleaned since around October last year. I have not touched any part of the dash as to "dust" it off or anything, so, as you can see in the pictures, it had accumulated some significant dust, hair, and what have you.

Smell:

Like others have mentioned in their reviews, the scent isn't what you typically expect from Adam's. It is definitely a fresh, pleasant scent that does not linger. It smalls almost like baby powder, baby oil, and soap combined.

Process:

I didn't feel like getting overspray on my windows (as I didn't have a lot of time to do an entire interior detail) so I sprayed the product onto one of the black utility towels and wiped the panels. I did however decide to spray the product directly on the extended cab doors to clean them.

I found that it is definitely easier to use if you spray it directly on the surface rather than spraying it on the towel and then wiping. It just seems to spread a lot easier and level off much faster when it was sprayed on the panel and wiped away opposed to spraying the towel and wiping. There were areas that I had to go back over a couple of times due to it not leveling when spraying onto the towel and then wiping.

After I had cleaned the entire interior w/ the TID the steering wheel looked dull and lifeless to me. Therefore, I did a comparison of Leather Conditioner on half of the steering wheel and TID on the other half.

Impression:

If you are looking for an all-in-one cleaner and GLOSSY dressing, this is NOT for you. I was expecting it to have a littler darker sheen to it, but it definitely leaves the interior matte, clean and factory looking, not glossy. It was easy to wipe up and removed all of the dust that was on the dash. I can tell that this is going to be great for light maintenance cleanings. I am interested to see how well the anti-static properties work over the next couple weeks. Additionally, I always apply SVRT to the tops of my door panels for water beading when I roll the window down and it's raining. The SVRT leaves the door panel SLIGHTLY darker and glossier than the TID does. Overall, I am happy with the product so far and hope that the anti-static and odor neutralizing properties make it even better when I get to experience them. I am looking forward to see how it does on vinyl/leather in the SS compared to the all plastic interior of the Colorado.

Now, onto the pictures (don't mind the dirty floor mats and carpets, they will be cleaned when I'm done w/ finals) :

Before:

P1040551_zps84405024.jpg

After:

P1040572_zpsf4268d53.jpg

Before:

P1040557_zps34e2d13d.jpg

P1040556_zps138e2d92.jpg

After:

P1040571_zps8145c7c0.jpg

Before:

P1040552_zps25db0327.jpg

50/50 (TID on left, nothing on right) :

P1040564_zps2acf0ce6.jpg

50/50 (TID on left, LC on right) :

P1040577_zpsec6896ee.jpg

Before:

P1040559_zpsdcbc9d37.jpg

After:

P1040573_zpsabbc8b4c.jpg

50/50 (SVRT on left, TID on right) :

P1040581_zps798c2308.jpg

Before:

P1040554_zps4e944958.jpg

After:

P1040568_zps8eb3d71e.jpg

Before:

P1040582_zps6d36a880.jpg

After:

P1040583_zpsc3c15978.jpg

Before:

P1040585_zps499d6ef9.jpg

After:

P1040586_zps91ec5b26.jpg

Again, I apologize for the poor quality pictures due to the lighting, but it had just begun to rain when I started.

5 answers to this question

Dylan,

I'll make sure to post a review under the product once I can comment on the anti-static, odor neutralizing, and my impressions when I use it on the SS (the dash on the SS is caked in dust so it should be a prime candidate for testing).

Edited by egott_91